General Chat

Stevo985

Completely OT but something that came into conversation with Laura the other day

I'll know I've made it when I'm selling trainers for a living. That's my goal careerwise. Trainer selling.

I enjoy my work now, but I'm lazy, I don't have the desire to step up to the Senior Management / Ops Management role, the money doesn't interest me, I'd rather earn half that and do something I enjoy a lot more.

It's weird because work are constantly pushing people forward for it, every day is development and profile, development and profile, and I know I could have a pretty good job in a few years if I knuckle down, but I really can't be arsed.

Just a little muse that I couldn't fit on twitter I suppose. Thanks for your time, I'm off to realign my trainers.

Completly OT but I randomally had a Gaydar on today. I walked into the post office, there was someone standing two people infront of me, never seen him before, wearing normal clothes and thought "Why do I think he's gay!?" and then he started talking, clearly gay and why do Gay people change their voice, I sware it's normal until the turn gay...

I wonder how many of us compare ourselves to our parents?

Some people come from humble backgrounds and use it as a spur to ambition and success. Personally, my parents' modest lifestyle has probably made me somewhat complacent. Once I'd passed the 11-plus and got into grammar school, I had already exceeded their wildest expectations. University was positively the stratosphere.

The simple things that most middle-class people take for granted - own house, office job, car, bank account, foreign holidays - were things that they never had; so I tended to see them as a form of success in themselves - and consequently I've had little ambition for anything more (bigger house, bigger car, career promotion, etc.)

Not sure whether this is a good thing or not, TBH.

i think that if you are at least more happy than not....then you are doing something right

........and why do Gay people change their voice, I sware it's normal until the turn gay...

You don't turn gay, its not a lifestyle choice

maybe they just mean...when they come out...when they voice that they are gay SOME people tend to become a bit more flamboyant...not every gay person by any means....but some

Girl housemate has just come in completely ratted so she can't walk at half 11 off wine or whatever and tries and walks in my room. So me and my mate try and carry her to her room via some water and tell her to go to sleep on her side. Me and my mate then go back in twenty minutes to check she is alright and she is on her back. Try and move her and she wakes up shouting '**** you' and other such abuse. We then spend up till now trying to get her to go to bed. I wouldn't bother but the chances are she might be sick so should be in the recovery position. Wouldn't mind but this happens every **** week and usually its the other girls that deal with it but they have gone home for Christmas.

We won't get an apology for the abuse or anything tomorrow either.

........and why do Gay people change their voice, I sware it's normal until the turn gay...

You don't turn gay, its not a lifestyle choice

Yeah I mean when they come out, they finally know, I don't think any younger kids know there gay but they slowly find out themselves and accpet it. It's just I knew a kid who used to be in a couple of my classes, was completly normal and since he's "come out" which noone knew about, he's started "acting" gay as if he has too, attention seeking?

There's someone who works at my moms shop who's gay with a non gay voice sorta thing and is normal, maybe it's a yougner age thing and they like attention.

Oh and 3 lessons tommorow then I break up!!

20 days of doing sweet FA, sleeping until afternoon's, oh the joy!

Bah I still have 2 lectures and a seminar spaced over three days till three weeks of nothing (well actually a shed load of revision).

I got home on Saturday, finished all my lecs and sems last week, the one good thing about third year is the lack of 1 whole module a semester. Freedom, etc etc. Except I've got to spend an awful lot of the break reading about state terror and Israel for my dissertation. Oh and look for graduate opportunities, which I'm still getting my head round. Oh and revision. Shite. And seeing friends and family, and meeting a lovely lady at some point.

I'll be going back to Aber for a break at this rate.

Â