General Chat

AVFCLaura

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

When I first started playing guitar I thought Epiphone was pronounced like 'epiphany', which in turn I thought was spelt 'epiphone' in the Greek style. 

Epiphone (/ˌɛ.pə.foʊn/) is an American musical instrument brand that traces its roots to a musical instrument manufacturing business founded in 1873 by Anastasios Stathopoulos in İzmir, Ottoman Empire, and moved to New York City in 1908. After taking over his father's business, Epaminondas Stathopoulos named the company "Epiphone" as a combination of his own nickname "Epi" and the suffix "-phone" (from Greek phon-, "voice"). 

Wiki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

...and then there's that philosopher, Descartes. 

And the Ancient Greek philosopher Testicles.   Never gained much of a following because everyone said he was nuts.

• Like 1

Sometimes VT gives real insight into how civilisations fall?

Proven and quite demonstrably poor critical thinkers dig holes for themselves time after time, oblivious to reality.

7 hours ago, Xann said:

Sometimes VT gives real insight into how civilisations fall?

Proven and quite demonstrably poor critical thinkers dig holes for themselves time after time, oblivious to reality.

Is this because I said I thought Mick Hucknell had a great voice? :( 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

He does have a great voice, he's also a grade A arsehole :D and his pimply head band are shit but...

If you want the actual good original version of Holding Back the Years search on that YowChoob for the Frantic Elevators version, when he was much less of an arse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

No.

Your critical thinking issue is purely personal in that you're skating close to the edge with long term health for a pension pot.

As such your risk is your own, you don't appear to have dependents, you're not dragging anyone else down, and I genuinely hope it works out well for you.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â