General Chat

AVFCLaura

On 09/10/2024 at 14:34, GamingDad said:

Does anyone else just feel angry all the time? I've come off social media - as let's face it - it's a cesspit that's full of doom and gloom, and that wasn't helping at all.

Just generally, angry. My patience for people is at an all time low and I'm quite content in not being sociable to anyone except family at the moment.

I do find myself muttering the C word under my breathe a lot more , but that's mainly reserved for people that walk too slowly whilst blocking the whole pavement  , take more than 16 seconds at an ATM or drive at 20 mph in a 30 zone 

but other than that , I seem to be getting more chilled with age , I don't even go into full McEnroe mode at tennis anymore when my opponent calls the ball out when you can see it landed about 4 foot inside the line  , I just accept he knows I've got him beat and get on with it 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thought about this again earlier, I've never seen a charity shop here either, so like in the UK if you had old DVDs etc that you don't want but cant be assed with 5p from CEX so you just box them up and give them to happy staffie you cant do that here

no tips, no charity shops, no car boots...its ebay or outside your house

5p ? I had a clear out a couple of years ago and took a load of DVDs to CEX, got a penny each for all of them 😂

Cost me a couple of pounds for parking as well, if I’d known beforehand I’d have just put the whole lot in a charity shop. 

Edited by AJG23

rumoured to have been sighted a few times before , but they have now officially found Sandy Irvine's remains on Everest , well more accurately they found  his foot 

They found Mallory's body in 1999 but maybe now they know where to search further , they  might finally find  the camera that would prove if they made it to the summit or not 

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

rumoured to have been sighted a few times before , but they have now officially found Sandy Irvine's remains on Everest , well more accurately they found  his foot 

They found Mallory's body in 1999 but maybe now they know where to search further , they  might finally find  the camera that would prove if they made it to the summit or not 

Completed it mate.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

different thread before @chrisp65 or @bickster chime in :P 

watched a few documentaries on the pair of them , would be awesome if they had made it with the equipment they had in 1924   , but i think its probably highly unlikely they did .. they were supposedly seen within 800 ft of the summit , but in real terms on the north face at that time it would have still been pretty much impossible 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

different thread before @chrisp65 or @bickster chime in :P 

watched a few documentaries on the pair of them , would be awesome if they had made it with the equipment they had in 1924   , but i think its probably highly unlikely they did .. they were supposedly seen within 800 ft of the summit , but in real terms on the north face at that time it would have still been pretty much impossible 

Yeah I've been interested in that story for a long time so it'd be great to get a definitive answer either way. But if they did it, wow. That's a lot of quizzes changing their answers :P 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â