General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm down at Brindleyplace for work in a few week's. 

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent restaurant?

For a curry it's a short walk to Asha's.  Lamb Rogan Josh is a thing of absolute beauty.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For a curry it's a short walk to Asha's.  Lamb Rogan Josh is a thing of absolute beauty.

A colleague did suggest grabbing a curry so that might be good. Curious to see how Birmingham curries hold up to Bradford ones.

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

A colleague did suggest grabbing a curry so that might be good. Curious to see how Birmingham curries hold up to Bradford ones.

giphy.gif

Birmingham curries don't "hold up" to any other towns curries.  Other towns curries have to hold up to Birmingham Curries.

• Like 4

Just on Asha's.  I am a purist brought up on curry houses with plastic table tops with the menu set underneath where the curry is cheap as chips.

I SO want Asha's and the like to be poor so I can take the piss about what a rip off they are and that "posh" curry is a nonsense.  But the truth is it really is an amazing restaurant and the food it ace though I know someone on here said they thought it was average and didn't get it. 

I want to eat wherever they normally go!

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif

Birmingham curries don't "hold up" to any other towns curries.  Other towns curries have to hold up to Birmingham Curries.

Isn't Bradford the only city in the UK to win best curry house for 5 years in a row? One of which was a mile from my old house and was utterly fantastic (still can't find a decent curry house in Cheshire yet).

And Leicester currently has the title of Curry Capital.

42 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Tom Cruise went to Asha’s for a curry and loved it so much he ordered and ate a second one straight after (greedy bastard).

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Isn't Bradford the only city in the UK to win best curry house for 5 years in a row? One of which was a mile from my old house and was utterly fantastic (still can't find a decent curry house in Cheshire yet).

And Leicester currently has the title of Curry Capital.

friends-chandlerbing.gif

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm down at Brindleyplace for work in a few week's. 

Anyone got a recommendation for a decent restaurant?

Orelle, Dishoom, Fazenda.

Depends what kind of food you like, you've got 4 places with stars nearby.

• Thanks 1

Oohh. I'll second Fazenda. It really depends on your budget. The suggestions so far are going to blow a heck of a hole in an expense account😂

• Haha 1

Does anyone else just feel angry all the time? I've come off social media - as let's face it - it's a cesspit that's full of doom and gloom, and that wasn't helping at all.

Just generally, angry. My patience for people is at an all time low and I'm quite content in not being sociable to anyone except family at the moment.

5 minutes ago, GamingDad said:

Does anyone else just feel angry all the time? I've come off social media - as let's face it - it's a cesspit that's full of doom and gloom, and that wasn't helping at all.

Just generally, angry. My patience for people is at an all time low and I'm quite content in not being sociable to anyone except family at the moment.

Sounds like you need to leave Social Media to me (exept Villa Talk obviously. We're OK....... we'll most of us) 

33 minutes ago, GamingDad said:

I do sometimes feel myself getting grumpier as i get older which I hate.

I wouldn’t say I’m angrier at all, but my tolerance for shit, and idiots is much lower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Orelle, Dishoom, Fazenda.

Depends what kind of food you like, you've got 4 places with stars nearby.

I'm off to Fazenda in Manchester again soon. Will look at the other two and see what people want. Thanks

1 hour ago, GamingDad said:

Opposite for me.

Late teens - mid twenties I was always pissed off, had a huge chip on my shoulder and would try and fight anyone.

Meeting the wife and having kids helped sort that out for the most part and now I'm in my fifties I'm very chilled out most of the time, even though the last few years have been very challenging with some horrendous personal and family shit.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â