General Chat

AVFCLaura

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Bermondsey is too busy but you prefer Cov Garden? :P

I live in that neck of the woods and don’t recognise your experience at all, Dem. Maybe the bit out front of the Tower and maybe Borough market can be busy but given Tower Bridge is 100 yards from us, I find it quieter than told stomping ground out west. 

I was talking about soho 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watching two mime artists on BBC news. Very peculiar art form. 

Was that part of the Olympics?

Edited by fightoffyour

25 minutes ago, limpid said:

Sigh. I wish we had an entire forum for travel stuff.

The travel forum is fine, but I suspect people tend to ask in OT because it has much higher volume of traffic, and your question is more likely to be seen by someone with the answer. I'm on OT every day, and I'd always answer a query about Leeds/W. Yorks if I see one - but I don't go looking in Travel every day just on the off chance that there might be one there. 

OT has FAR more threads about music - and people often complain about music posts invading other threads - so there's an argument that music would be a stronger contender than travel for having its own forum. Not that I would support such a move - after all, OT is defined as:  'Music, films - anything'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The travel forum is fine, but I suspect people tend to ask in OT because it has much higher volume of traffic, and your question is more likely to be seen by someone with the answer. I'm on OT every day, and I'd always answer a query about Leeds/W. Yorks if I see one - but I don't go looking in Travel every day just on the off chance that there might be one there. 

OT has FAR more threads about music - and people often complain about music posts invading other threads - so there's an argument that music would be a stronger contender than travel for having its own forum. Not that I would support such a move - after all, OT is defined as:  'Music, films - anything'. 

So how does anyone else find these answers on page 3000 of a generic thread? Or do we have to have the same questions asked / answered over and over again?

34 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Scientists say, it's a 400 trillion chance of being born, so, by that logic, it's bloody insulting to call yourself "Unlucky".

did they then go on to explain why those odds reduce if it was a drunken one night stand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

did they then go on to explain why those odds reduce if it was a drunken one night stand?

50/50

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

OT has FAR more threads about music - and people often complain about music posts invading other threads - so there's an argument that music would be a stronger contender than travel for having its own forum. 

Just checking, is this an actual possibility? 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Just checking, is this an actual possibility? 

There are two topics tagged "music" on the first page.

34 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I have wandered whether an 'other sport' thread would be a good idea. Merge it with the North American entertainment, maybe. 

Do you mean forum? There is one topic tagged "sports" on the first page.

Just now, limpid said:

Sorry, yes I meant separate forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Don't worry bud. Was joking.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â