General Chat

AVFCLaura

10 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

No, that was just a guess. It could be the answer but do not quote me. I feel better about the sound part of my guess than I do the visual 

Is Montreal in North California? I know there's a Canadian Montreal but not that one.

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No need to start reversing. It makes good sense to me. And, I'll be sure to plagiarize your answer should anybody hit me with the same question. 😉

Did my using a question mark in my original answer not indicate to you that it was a question on my part? 🤣

On 02/08/2024 at 16:09, mjmooney said:

My wife used to work for them. 

Eventually Provident Management Services Limited were persuaded that it would be a good idea to change their name. 

Management Information Limited Financial Services are now a thriving company.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watching two mime artists on BBC news. Very peculiar art form. 

Brave move to replace Huw Edwards in that way. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just watching two mime artists on BBC news. Very peculiar art form. 

mime-face.gif

• Haha 1

Taylor Swift cancels her Vienna concerts. 

Jihadis vs Swifties. I'd definitely favour the latter to win! 

• Sad 1

Help required. A mate of mine is bringing his gf over to London for the Childish Gambino show at the O2. He asked me for hotel recommendations.

I’ve only been to the O2 once and remember it being in the middle of nowhere - at least really far from soho etc. which is probably where they want to check out as they’re only there for 3 nights.

Any suggestions on how they should play it? Cab or tube out there?

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Help required. A mate of mine is bringing his gf over to London for the Childish Gambino show at the O2. He asked me for hotel recommendations.

I’ve only been to the O2 once and remember it being in the middle of nowhere - at least really far from soho etc. which is probably where they want to check out as they’re only there for 3 nights.

O2 is in north Greenwich- yes its nowhere near soho. If you drive you have to go through blackwall tunnel and that can be a pain in the arse.

Cab will be expensive from there i would imagine. Get the tube. From leicester square it will take you half hour (see below)

Be warned though soho you wont get much sleep there its always loud! I personally would get a hotel around waterloo area as you are in middle of both

Screenshot_20240808_072748_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Depends how much money they have to spend. I’d suggest staying south side of Tower Bridge. A few stops on the Jubilee line from London Bridge or Bermondsey and just a short walk to Tower Bridge/Tower of London. 
There’s the Tower Bridge Guoman (next to the DLR on the north side), or on the South, The Dixon in Bermondsey, Premier Inn Apartments on Tower Bridge Road.
Feel free to DM me if you want more suggestions.  

Edit - I missed the bit about Soho. I’d avoid. Would be a rotten journey, as Dem says. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i've stayed in southwark for a week for work on a project that got cancelled so effectively a week off, that tube line will get them to the O2

do the imperial war museum, borough market etc

there's actually a nice loop to walk (IMO) westminster bridge, buckingham palace, the mall, covent garden, leicester square, black friars pub, st pauls, tower of london, shard

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

Depends how much money they have to spend. I’d suggest staying south side of Tower Bridge. A few stops on the Jubilee line from London Bridge or Bermondsey and just a short walk to Tower Bridge/Tower of London. 
There’s the Tower Bridge Guoman (next to the DLR on the north side), or on the South, The Dixon in Bermondsey, Premier Inn Apartments on Tower Bridge Road.

Edit - I missed the bit about Soho. I’d avoid. Would be a rotten journey, as Dem says. 

I was down there on the weekend i cant stand it down there. Too busy, pick pockets everywhere and its just hell on earth to me.

I much prefer covent garden

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was down there on the weekend i cant stand it down there. Too busy, pick pockets everywhere and its just hell on earth to me.

I much prefer covent garden

Bermondsey is too busy but you prefer Cov Garden? :P

I live in that neck of the woods and don’t recognise your experience at all, Dem. Maybe the bit out front of the Tower and maybe Borough market can be busy but given Tower Bridge is 100 yards from us, I find it quieter than told stomping ground out west. 

39 minutes ago, choffer said:

The hotel next to the bridge and tower is always popular with tourists. I've stayed in it a couple of times with work and it's alright. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â