General Chat

AVFCLaura

After watching the fall - out in Leeds regarding the Social Services. Let's get it right, as an institution, they really do fall short of the mark. A history littered with mistake after mistake all because of the inability to act when it matters. If you don't like the job, walk away from it. .

To sum them up, they're  always where they shouldn't be and never where they should be.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

After watching the fall - out in Leeds regarding the Social Services. Let's get it right, as an institution, they really do fall short of the mark. A history littered with mistake after mistake all because of the inability to act when it matters. If you don't like the job, walk away from it. .

To sum them up, they're  always where they shouldn't be and never where they should be.

Not true.

Flawed, under resourced, and in some cases literally life savers.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not true.

That old chestnut. I would be here all night listing the child fatalities on their watch, and you can bet your life that 90 per cent of those fatalities could have been avoided, if for a little more competence. 

I'm currently going through a battle with SS regarding a vulnerable adult and her 4yr old daughter. When I asked the Social worker when the last time was she  paid a visit to the house of the young girl and mother, she replied, "two months ago", so I ask her, "How is it possible for you to make an objective assessment of the situation if you haven't been there?" She just looks at me dumbfounded. She was too lazy to go and make a proper assessment, instead, relying on the words, from phone calls, of people with mendacious natures. And this involves a 4 4yr old girl and a vulnerable adult. Two E-mails to their complaints address and stil no answer after eight weeks. They are obligated to acknowledge any compliant. Dont tell me about "Not True". They're a complete shambles from top to bottom. 

It's despicable the amount of emotional trauma social workers unnecessarily put relatives through. I spent half my childhood in care, I could count the decent one's I came across on one hand.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

There are lots of awful traumatic personal stories out there.

But “always where they shouldn’t be, never where they should be” is still wrong.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

But “always where they shouldn’t be, never where they should be” is still wrong.

It sums them up, for me. That's my personal experience with SS. They create far more grief than they do joy. It amazes me that such a position of responsibility can be treated so haphazardly. It beggars belief. 

Take the child away. Family pictured in local papers with sad looks about nasty social services at best, at worst rioting in the streets. 

Leave the child there who is then killed by parents, accused of not protecting the child. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Quite. You could turn it on its head, and say "Damned if they do, and damned if they don't". 

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Not true.

I used to know 2 child support workers and I woulldn't trust them with my hamster. One definately has ADHD, I remember their company car being a absolute mess. which for me set alarm bells to me. The other used in be in the pub with us Friday at 1400, when they should have been doing visits.filling out false reports.  So yeah, they might be underfunded and under resourced. But don't think there are not lazy, useless barsquids who do the job, like in many trades.

The story of Arthur Labinjo a few years back was hushed up. Reports written without visits, telephone calls to parents when he was known to be in danger. grandmother of the child being ignored. An obviously not the only one. Unfortunately nothing has changed. Someone high up, should have at least got sacked for that one, if not charged for neglect themselves.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

story of Arthur Labinjo a few years back was hushed up. Reports written without visits, telephone calls to parents when he was known to be in danger. grandmother of the child being ignored. An obviously not the only one. Unfortunately nothing has changed. Someone high up, should have at least got sacked for that one, if not charged for neglect themselves.

That's the same Social Services Area I'm currently complaining about. Solihull.

What an absolutely heart breaking story that was. To hear that little boy talking to himself because those responsible for him wouldn't give him any constructive attention, just continual abuse day after day. How they failed to see through the narcissistic partner of the boy's father is beyond me. As soon as you heard her talking to the police at the house, you instantly knew she was guilty. Not a word of regret or sense of grief for that little boy. Just because they allowed themselves to be intimidated by her and the Father. I would never sleep a wink again if I was responsible for playing a part in that tragedy.

Nothing has changed or been learnt. Until the next child fatality and the lip - sevice that comes after. 

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's the same Social Services Area I'm currently complaining about. Solihull.

What an absolutely heart breaking story that was. To hear that little boy talking to himself because those responsible for him wouldn't give him any constructive attention, just continual abuse day after day. How they failed to see through the narcissistic partner of the boy's father is beyond me. As soon as you heard her talking to the police at the house, you instantly knew she was guilty. Not a word of regret or sense of grief for that little boy. Just because they allowed themselves to be intimidated by her and the Father. I would never sleep a wink again if I was responsible for playing a part in that tragedy.

Nothing has changed or been learnt. Until the next child fatality and the lip - sevice that comes after. 

I'm no Child Social worker, but it would only take a good judge of character and 20 minutes with the parents to know something wasn't right surely. Absolute shocking they missed that one, even the school didn't report anything. The courts certainly find these people guilty pretty quickly, not falling for the bullshit. So I'm not sure how someone who should have experience in Child protection fall for it.

The video of him in the dark hardly able to walk because they staved him, an force fed him salt, sticks with me.  Particulary as he was the same age and looked like my lad with the blonde hair. 😢  We can only be happy in the knowledge the guy involved got severly beaten in prison, when some lads were accidently told who he was.

The director of Solihull child services apologised for yet another preventable child death though, so I  guess it's okay 🤬

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm no Child Social worker, but it would only take a good judge of character and 20 minutes with the parents to know something wasn't right surely. Absolute shocking they missed that one, even the school didn't report anything. The courts certainly find these people guilty pretty quickly, not falling for the bullshit. So I'm not sure how someone who should have experience in Child protection fall for it.

The video of him in the dark hardly able to walk because they staved him, an force fed him salt, sticks with me.  Particulary as he was the same age and looked like my lad with the blonde hair. 😢  We can only be happy in the knowledge the guy involved got severly beaten in prison, when some lads were accidently told who he was.

The director of Solihull child services apologised for yet another preventable child death though, so I  guess it's okay 🤬

Which is why I say, don't do the job if you don't like it. It's a job that requires a strong sense of responsibility and yet, again and again, you're met with ineptitude and indecisiveness at such a cost. Honestly, it's unforgivable!

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2024 at 12:40, Talldarkandransome said:

Met a lovely old lady at the hospital yesterday, turns out she is the wife of former Villa goalie Fred Potter (before my time) 1959/60. He was on one of the other wards waiting release

Sadly he's just died 

• Sad 1

On 24/07/2024 at 07:10, sidcow said:

Take the child away. Family pictured in local papers with sad looks about nasty social services at best, at worst rioting in the streets. 

Leave the child there who is then killed by parents, accused of not protecting the child. 

we had a case like that near me in Horsall last year  .. the parents legged it at the time but have been in custody for about 10 months now   .... the trial is due to start in September so more will come out , but the child had multiple and extensive injuries caused over a sustained and extended period of time , I'd imagine social services and teachers will be getting the blame 

Major fire in my town, and we are on the east coast. Monitoring from nearly 3000 miles away is a bit stressful, to say the least. My house is at least 10 miles away from danger for now, and the fire is moving in the opposite direction, but it’s all at the mercy of wind direction 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Major fire in my town, and we are on the east coast. Monitoring from nearly 3000 miles away is a bit stressful, to say the least. My house is at least 10 miles away from danger for now, and the fire is moving in the opposite direction, but it’s all at the mercy of wind direction 

Did they forget to rake the forests?

(Copyright DJ Trump)

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/butte-county/chico-man-arrested-for-starting-park-fire-da-says/article_bf673746-4aac-11ef-9018-fbe2bd999419.html

A 42-year-old Chico man was arrested early Thursday morning by CAL FIRE arson investigators, assisted by District Attorney investigators, on suspicion of starting the Park Fire.

Butte County DA Mike Ramsey said the man was arrested after he was seen pushing a car that was on fire into a gully near the Alligator Hole in upper Bidwell Park shortly before 3 p.m. on Wednesday.

Ramsey said the car went down an embankment approximately 60 feet and burned completely, spreading flames that caused the Park Fire.

Fairly certain meth had to be involved 🙄

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â