General Chat

AVFCLaura

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you’re feeling technical you could remove the fuse for the alarm and take out the backup battery pack which will be inside.

I think house alarms are limited to 20 minutes anyway aren’t they?

Yeah its finally came back on -ADT have said it was related. Me and wife late for work today but what can you do.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah its finally came back on -ADT have said it was related. Me and wife late for work today but what can you do.

Why did you both have to stay at home?

17 minutes ago, limpid said:

As big as both major cloud service providers :mrgreen:

I've said it before and I'll probably have to say it for the rest of my life, I don't know why people use Microsoft for anything.

Can you help us non techs what we should use instead 😁 please dont tell me apple

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Why did you both have to stay at home?

i couldnt leave my bedroom as alarm would go off and i didnt knownthe 4 digit code as the app was down. My fault i should have written it down as ADT said you could turn it off via the panel with this code.

Was dying for a leak as well. Wife suggested use the shower but i was like na gross 😂 luckily it came on about 15 mins ago. So only a hour late for work

Wifes started a new job so timing couldn't  have been worse for her.

But this minor compared to the poor people in airports today

Well, if your malware-protection service stops you from using the computer, I guess you cant get any malware.

Result!

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i couldnt leave my bedroom as alarm would go off and i didnt knownthe 4 digit code as the app was down. My fault i should have written it down as ADT said you could turn it off via the panel with this code.

Was dying for a leak as well. Wife suggested use the shower but i was like na gross 😂 luckily it came on about 15 mins ago. So only a hour late for work

You were locked in your bedroom? Why is your bedroom alarmed? Do you store gold bullion in there? :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You have a shower in your bedroom? 😐 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I suspect limpid is making a comment on Microsoft more than being ignorant of major high profile IT problems.

I had no idea about an outage until someone posted some links. Nothing I have or use is affected.

I hope that any banking service stupid enough to use Microsoft's cloud is back up before I get to the pub this evening.

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

You were locked in your bedroom? Why is your bedroom alarmed? Do you store gold bullion in there? :) 

My alarm system is upstairs and down so as soon as i step out hallway it will go off 😁

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You have a shower in your bedroom? 😐 

Something called  a en suite shower you may have heard of it 😉

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Something called  a en suite shower you may have heard of it 😉

En suite but no toilet.

What kind of savage are you?! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, bobzy said:

En suite but no toilet.

What kind of savage are you?! :D 

😂 I know mate. Its quite small. It only fits either a shower and sink or toilet and sink so we opted for shower. Its abit of a crap design to be honest cant even get a door on it thats why we went for the shower dont wanna be smelling the wife's shit 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My alarm system is upstairs and down so as soon as i step out hallway it will go off 😁

On your next service visit, you can ask them to change the "at home" zone to just be downstairs.

• Thanks 1

I suspect a few companies will be looking at their business continuity plans and trying to figure out which genius thought that failing over to another region from the same provider was a good enough secondary service

We use Aws and gave exactly the same problem because nobody wants to think too hard about what happens if Amazon balls up in such a way that multiple regions are affected

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The fact your wife suggested it says to me that she has no such qualms about using your shower as a urinal. Probably does it all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

The fact your wife suggested it says to me that she has no such qualms about using your shower as a urinal. Probably does it all the time.

Don't we all? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â