General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve looked through extensive lists of UK castles

Ireland? There are a **** ton of castles, well preserved too.

17 minutes ago, hogso said:

Ireland? There are a **** ton of castles, well preserved too.

Yeah, possibly, I might start looking there. I don’t think it is though, they were skint so I don’t know if they would have gone somewhere so exotic.

Judging by their clothes, I reckon they are on holiday though and they used to go Weston/brean/burnham a lot, so I’ve looked a lot around Somerset. They used to go Great Yarmouth too.

Guys, i'll be in Birmingham in a couple of weeks time & for the 2nd time now Villa Park is closed for tours, still havent done one, so the question is, whats the next best football stadium in Birmingham for a tour or should i not bother? Cheers.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Mac said:

Guys, i'll be in Birmingham in a couple of weeks time & for the 2nd time now Villa Park is closed for tours, still havent done one, so the question is, whats the next best football stadium in Birmingham for a tour or should i not bother? Cheers.

Not Birmingham but Wembley tour is decent. Old Trafford tour isn’t too bad either 👀 (take a brolly).

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not Birmingham but Wembley tour is decent. Old Trafford tour isn’t too bad either 👀 (take a brolly).

Too far matey.

Any suggestions for something else to do for a couple of hrs on a weekday afternoon anyone? Staying in hotel in Birmingham City Centre.

2 minutes ago, Gaz Mac said:

Too far matey.

Any suggestions for something else to do for a couple of hrs on a weekday afternoon anyone? Staying in hotel in Birmingham City Centre.

Thinktank Museum is a decent way to kill a couple of hours.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gaz Mac said:

What route are you taking in to town? You can see in to the Bescot Stadium from the M6.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What route are you taking in to town? You can see in to the Bescot Stadium from the 

From airport so prob wont work. Anything at all for a couple of hours, doesnt have to be football stadium related. 

1 hour ago, Gaz Mac said:

whats the next best football stadium in Birmingham 

Does not compute. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Roy Castle?

I did actually think that because it was a generational thing.

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Right, I’m hoping the clever, well travelled folk of VillaTalk might be able to help with this.

A few years ago, I was shown this photo of my Nan and Grandad shortly after they’d both passed. I’ve asked family if they know where it was taken, but they don’t recognise it. I’ve spent hours on the interwebs, looking at castles, gatehouses and stately homes, but still no luck. All I know is that it’s definitely in the UK.

Can anybody tell me where this was taken and put me out of my misery?

If it’s somewhere obvious like Warwick Castle, I’m going to kick myself.

8d826edd-46cf-48a5-a9bd-191997ca67d1.thumb.jpeg.d63e25822731145f6fe413acb685cc6c.jpeg

I'm fairly certain that's Warwick Castle 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â