General Chat

AVFCLaura

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

If you could all **** off about this talk of having Taylor Swift tickets it would be great. 

Its a Cruel Summer mate. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I imagine there is a buzz around the entire city ahead of the shows which is pretty epic for a single person.

Its like Jacko / Madonna type of hype, when they were at their peak. Its quite good to see, to be fair. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Its like Jacko / Madonna type of hype, when they were at their peak. Its quite good to see, to be fair. 

Both turned out to be such great people.....

15 hours ago, Tegis said:

Yeah, the **** idiots... :lol:

*checks price on bought upcoming NFL game, £220 including ticketmaster extortion fees 😬

Gave your details away to the cyber world too. That must be worth a bit to you. 😂

Just reading a line from a lawyer involved in the Post Office debacle:"I know this sounds but in apologising we are admitting some degree of culpability." What an insult to all those poor innocent, honest workers.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Gave your details away to the cyber world too. That must be worth a bit to you. 😂

It just so happened that my card started shopping in Tallahasse and in the UAE by itself last week 😁. Thank McGrath for creditcards and the "not my problem" built into them.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2024 at 11:48, mjmooney said:

Both my 30-something daughters are Taylor Swift fans, but no way could they afford tickets for the UK tour. 

However... 

Daughter #2 has a mate whose dad is a retired GP. He's bought them two VIP tickets for the Thursday Anfield gig. 

Meanwhile, #1 daughter bought a raffle ticket from her husband's workplace. She's won two tickets for the Friday Anfield gig. She's going to take her nine-year-old niece - daughter #2's kid - with her (as a surprise, she doesn't know about it yet). 

Happy families. 

Well, it turned out rather more eventful than expected. Daughter 1 picked up her niece from school on Friday afternoon (she'd been given special permission to leave early - to the envy of her mates) and set off for Liverpool. 

Come teatime, the missus and I were settling down for a relaxing evening with a bottle of wine, when my phone rang. It was the son-in-law, telling us that he'd had a call that they'd broken down on the M62. The AA had come out, but it looked like the car would have to be towed. So he was going to drive over and try and get them to the concert on time. Which meant that Mrs M and I had to hotfoot it over to their house to babysit their young 'uns (4 and 1). Which we did. Fortunately, they went to bed and settled down without too much trouble. Meanwhile, s.i.l. successfully got the Swifties to Anfield - just in time - and then sat in a car park for three hours until the show finished. They finally got back to Leeds at 2.00am, and we went home and collapsed into bed. 

The 9 year old is going to have quite a tale to tell at school on Monday. And we never want to hear the name Taylor Swift ever again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Meanwhile, a good mate of mine has been on a stag do in Rotterdam. He was in fancy dress as one of the Super Mario Brothers. I'll let him take up the story... 

Screenshot_2024-06-15-14-55-52-75_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

That’s incredible 

Charles Martinet is a very particular kind of legend.

You know he did the voice. He always does the voice. The voice is all he has.

Bear Grylls has stepped down as Chief Scout.

He baptised Russell Brand.

Was not aware of this.

giphy-3221956351.gif.db6fffc080955c7251aa479f1cb2ada3.gif

Time to bring her back.

• Like 1

Went with the eldest kid to see one of those esports Counter Strike events. Broaden my sports horizon so to speak.

7 hours of blistering jumpcuts at incredible speed. Too much for me 5/10 wnb again.

And £9 a pint didnt help

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Fathers' Day. 

Every year, the offspring come round bearing cards and gifts of alcohol and chocolate. 

Every year, I tell them they needn't, that it's not my birthday, the whole thing is just a scam by the greetings card industry. 

But they still do it. 

Until this year.

I got a 'Happy Fathers' Day' message on WhatsApp.

And that was it. 

THE BLOODY UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BASTARDS!!! 

I'm still waiting for the coffee I was promised first thing this morning.

• Like 2

Tell me about it. I know the little shit had a card and a package that I asked about, which was “none of my business”. I come away expecting at least a gift and card to be passed to my wife for today. Bugger all. Just a whatsapp message. 

I got a card off each child. Some father’s day socks (standard), some latte pods for the coffee machine, some shortbreads & biscoffs to enjoy with the coffee and also an aftershave / shower gel set (not lynx Africa).

Bacon sandwich for breakfast. 

Just having a chill now before a couple of beers and snacks during the football.

Just need Gareth not to ruin it now.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â