General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

His music is iconic so I think it’s fair (purely for musical reasons).

This is one of the things I don't get. Why is his music iconic? 

I find it baffling but there you go.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Behind the toilet. If you spent a chocolate penny they might have fallen out of your pocket while around your ankles. I've gone days without keys only to find them at the base of the bog.

remember when i said it probably  belonged in the boring thread  ..

next morning when i couldn't find the keys , i checked the pockets of the shorts  I'd been wearing  , however sometime late Sunday evening I remembered that as I'd been to the royal opera house and I'm not Australian , id put long trousers on  (i'd changed back into shorts when i got home) 

keys were of course in the pocket of my trousers that were hanging up in the wardrobe , thankfully Ghostbusters were ok with me cancelling their call out 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

(similar to the way I feel about Elvis)

Definitely one for the Things You Don't Get thread.

stop me if I've done this one before , but I went to Memphis , and by pure coincidence it was Elvis week 

but , we still didn't' got to Graceland as had zero interest ( tbf we did discuss going , but staggering in from the pub at 7 am killed any lingering desire  )

we took a trip to Sun Studios in the afternoon , and that was really really interesting hearing about the recording process behind some great songs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think as a package he is iconic  .. not sure i'd describe the music as such though (as you say)  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think as a package he is iconic  .. not sure i'd describe the music as such though (as you say)  

You've just put Elvis on a par with Sigue Sigue Sputnik. I genuinely feel sorry for Martin Degville

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've just put Elvis on a par with Sigue Sigue Sputnik. I genuinely feel sorry for Martin Degville

I was talking about Jackson , but either works in your example :) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yep id say the same, i think a huge chunk of his music hasnt lasted the test of time, like i said i prefer the jacksons now 

but at the same time i can watch a jacko video and instantly be taken back to the 80s and the dance moves and family parties

if you look at the history of music and music culture its impossible to bypass him even its only a byproduct of MTV and the music video and how all of that came about and how people accessed music, even Ed and Adele cant lay a claim to that, he has genuine contenders for the best music videos ever made, he knew the power of them, id have no interest in listening to Bad on Spotify but if it came on TV id watch it with a smile rather than turn it over 

late 80s early 90s when i was between 5 and 10 he was music, to a certain extent he was celebrity too

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Anne Heche is apparently in a coma after crashing her car into someone’s house.

Have you seen the speed she was going seconds before the crash! (Theres a doorbell camera video of it out there - not the crash itself)

10 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The news keeps saying that there will be a ban on hosepipes.   I'm no fool.   I've bought 10  and put them in the garage. 

I'll be able to sell them for a fortune when they are banned.  

Remembering the fiasco with loo paper, I’ve got ahead of the curve and I’ve been panic running the tap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you seen the speed she was going seconds before the crash! (Theres a doorbell camera video of it out there - not the crash itself)

No, I’ve not watched it, I did see a headline that intimated there was footage but I resisted.

Will have a look now…

Blimey. 

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This. And this. Both massively overhyped. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â