General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

My missus made us some lamb chops, creamy mash with caramelised onions and veg 🤤

What about you mate?

Went out for a quick drink with the Wife and we ended up having some food too. 

Went classic - Fish and chips. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Went out for a quick drink with the Wife and we ended up having some food too. 

Went classic - Fish and chips. 

Nice! 

I've been craving fish and chips for a while, I've not had fish and chips since the beginning of the year 😒

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone can answer this… but Lamb or pork chops, what’s the **** point? About a chicken nuggets worth of meat you have to spend 5 minutes cutting away from the bone.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone can answer this… but Lamb or pork chops, what’s the **** point? About a chicken nuggets worth of meat you have to spend 5 minutes cutting away from the bone.

Lamb I can kinda understand, but not Pork.

Get yourself some tenderloin slices or Medallions and you're good to go.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, but they're effectively pork steaks, not chops. 

The theory is that meat on the bone (cue Kenneth) is tastier, but I'm not 100% convinced. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

yep, living in germany its opened my eyes to different cuts of pork, the UK seems so limited in comparison - conversely there's not much beef on offer, its fairly normal for a brauhaus style restaurant to have a pork steak option but no beef steak -  the village restaurant where the in laws live do medallions in a bearnaise sauce which is incredible, next time you're at the german market see if you can get hold of schwenker which is actually the name of the round hanging bbq grills that they use but they shorten schwenkbraten, will look something like this -

Schwenkbraten vom Grill" Gästehaus Stephan Kohl (Neumagen-Dhron) •  HolidayCheck (Rheinland-Pfalz | Deutschland)

packed with flavour and then cooked perfectly on the grill

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Substantially more meat on a pork chop. Lamb chops taste fantastic but there just isn't enough of them to justify the cost

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Lamb chops taste amazing though!    Mmmmmmm.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This is why I don’t understand why people cream themselves over ribs so much.  You’re just sucking a slither of meat from a bone.

images (2).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

This is why I don’t understand why people cream themselves over ribs so much.  You’re just sucking a slither of meat from a bone.

But you can eat 10 of them, good ribs are amazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Pork needs more help than the other mainstream meats. It's the worst of the regular meats by some distance.

Yet Ham is Ay May Zing. 

Sounds of Birmingham at the BBC currently on BBC. You rarely see this kind of stuff about Brum.  You would think we've never had a music scene here. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â