General Chat

AVFCLaura

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So there is chaos at Dover. Has anyone heard of issues at airports? Not happening or press are just bored of reporting on that now? 

I saw a few posts about piles of suitcases at Heathrow this morning

I'll put this out there right now.  I am proper terrified of spiders. 

Next weekend I've got to take down an old shed in the garden.  Basically we filled it with crap 8 years ago and haven't been in since.  It's totally been left to its own devices. 

I've just forced the door open and taken a look inside.    It's like a scene from Indianna Jones.  Spiders webs floor to ceiling wall to wall. 

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Next weekend I've got to take down an old shed in the garden.  Basically we filled it with crap 8 years ago and haven't been in since.  It's totally been left to its own devices. 

I've just forced the door open and taken a look inside.    It's like a scene from Indianna Jones.  Spiders webs floor to ceiling wall to wall. 

I saw a tv programme a few years ago about spiders and people’s fear of them. Maybe BBC4 or 2. Anyway the presenter, one of the super clever professors or doctors, maybe Alice Roberts or Hannah Fry? was kind of walked through discovering all about spiders and so on. She ended the programme spending a night kipping in a house absolutely full of spideys.

it might be on the YouTubes or iPlayer. If she can do it, you can.

edit yay

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Jumping spiders are common in the UK and can jump 20 times their body length.

So you can’t out run them from a standing start, and they’ll likely lay their eggs in your ears and hatch in your brain.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Sure you will be fine - what can go wrong?

Spoiler

0a6e32cb1454b8d45283a64a34993f31.gif

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I dint mind spiders but its not just your outaide shed dont you get cob webs outside your house? Side fence by front door etc?

They are everywhere.  They actually do good they eat those annoying mozzies andother e annoying pests like ants

38 minutes ago, blandy said:

Pardon?  I don’t understand.

Jumping spiders, they’ll jump in to your ears, lay eggs, and the eggs hatch and they feed on your brain. But they eat a bit of your brain that keeps you away from the shed. So now you get a compulsion to go to the shed. Where jumping spiders jump in your ears. It’s the circle of life. 

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Jumping spiders, they’ll jump in to your ears, lay eggs, and the eggs hatch and they feed on your brain. But they eat a bit of your brain that keeps you away from the shed. So now you get a compulsion to go to the shed. Where jumping spiders jump in your ears. It’s the circle of life. 

Did you find that out from the web?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

it's the only way

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve done spider whispering. Only twice has it worked, but still.

the most recent was last autumn. I went into the kitchen one evening to get whatever and there in the middle of the floor was a very large house spider.

Hello, you magnificent bastard.  I’ll tell you what, you stay there a minute and I’ll go and get something so I can carefully and gently move you somewhere with more for you to eat, where you’ll be safe”  The deal was made and she was transported to Dave’s shed, sorry, my shed, in my special pint glass for rescuing critters.

The first one was in the desert. I was sat on my doorstep late at night just drinking a cold beer in the hot evening air when I heard footsteps on the path. Round the corner came what was (probably) a huntsman.  It was big. It moved towards me and stopped maybe 15 feet away. I made it a telepathic offer. “ Evening spidey, let’s do a deal. You turn around and disappear and all will be well”. We looked at each other, like in those westerns with the gunfighters. Morriconi played in the background. I glanced at how far away my boots were. Spidey looked in 8 different directions.

Time passed.

And then spidey bid me goodnight and disappeared into the scrub.

Maybe someone can make a film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just move house. 

• Like 2

Here's one for @sidcow. Got in bed last night, about 11pm. I was kind of half asleep, and I feel a tickling on my arm. Have a look and I see the shadowy form on an arachnid crawling on me 🕷️

Had loads in the flat recently due to the weather. Plus my windows have been open for weeks on end! 

Edited by Xela
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â