General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

came back from Hungary on Sunday  , put some clothes in the wash  ..found out when i took it out the machine that mine and the boys passports were in the trouser leg pocket for safe keeping 

expensive error , I blame it on a combo of jet lag and he weather  

Was planning something for August but thankfully didn't get to the point of booking it , sounds like it could be October before I see a new passport 

I think as well you can actually pick them up from Peterborough pending on how urgent you need them as my cousin needed them uregently and they offered him a quicker turn around of he went to get them from there

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think as well you can actually pick them up from Peterborough pending on how urgent you need them as my cousin needed them urgently and they offered him a quicker turn around of he went to get them from there

yeah when my lad was born , we had to go to Peterborough  and get a same day passport so we could take him to Hungary so the Nan over there could see him before she died  ,I'm old and frail and don't have long  she kept telling us 

she died a few months back ..He was 17 at the time , you've kinda got to  admire being manipulated by old people :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah when my lad was born , we had to go to Peterborough  and get a same day passport so we could take him to Hungary so the Nan over there could see him before she died  ,I'm old and frail and don't have long  she kept telling us 

she died a few months back ..He was 17 at the time , you've kinda got to  admire being manipulated by old people :) 

My wife's Nan has been dying since she was 45 according to her Dad, she turned 94 this year! (The Nan, not my wife). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

My wife's Nan has been dying since she was 45 according to her Dad

The minute you're born you start to die. 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think as well you can actually pick them up from Peterborough pending on how urgent you need them as my cousin needed them uregently and they offered him a quicker turn around of he went to get them from there

My mate had to go to Glasgow to get his. We have a massive passport office in Liverpool

Why don't they introduce passport printing at airports?  It would make a killing and surely due to the internet/video calls etc there are ways of confirming identity - and airports are always the place these things go missing! 

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

and airports are always the place these things go missing! 

I reckon an airport is the least likely place for a passport to go missing

Just now, bickster said:

I reckon an airport is the least likely place for a passport to go missing

When you turn up and check the bag you think its in.. Oh no.

Too many stories about people turning up without passports. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Not disagreeing with where discovery is

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I once missed a flight (for work) as I forgot my passport. I had to tell my boss (who was based in Spain) there was a big accident on the motorway which made me late.

Is there a way, let's say someone has me blocked me and they don't want to see me even if I am quoted by others. Is there a way to do that? I am making some absolutely bellend posting for effect type comments and I really wouldn't want people who have me blocked to read it, even if quoted. Is it possible?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Doesn't look quite as dramatic as it sounded though

My gut feeling is it's more of an industrial accident than anything else. I say that as civilians can go in the dam but not that area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My gut feeling is it's more of an industrial accident than anything else. I say that as civilians can go in the dam but not that area. 

Yep, stood on top of it myself, just about in the position that video was taken

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â