General Chat

AVFCLaura

Posted this before, but this is just crazy. A BBC presenter climbing the column, with no harness, helmet and wearing flares! :D 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Posted this before, but this is just crazy. A BBC presenter climbing the column, with no harness, helmet and wearing flares! :D 

But what about the cameraman?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah I've seen this before. It's absolutely mental.

I know health and safety was a bit more relaxed back then, but I can't for the life of me understand how they ever let that happen

59 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I wonder if it's a generational thing that John Noakes is referred to as a BBC presenter by @XelaOf course he was, but it's John Noakes, not some random unknown guy.

I was about to post the exact same thing. That ain't no 'BBC presenter' - that's John **** ing Noakes

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Balls of **** steel. 

I felt queasy just watching. 

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Then he went to the top of Nelson just for shits and giggles.

They doe build'um like they used tow! 

Nelson's Column? Pah! It is Nelson's Willy!

Edited by sidcow

Thing is, that was his gig. His Blue Peter co-presenters always stuck to stuff like feeding the tortoise or making things out of sticky back plastic™, but when it came to handling puff adders or jumping out of planes into shark-infested whirlpools, they stepped back and pushed Noakes forward. I wonder what his insurance was like? 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Nope GIF - Nope - Discover & Share GIFs

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I wonder if it's a generational thing that John Noakes is referred to as a BBC presenter by @XelaOf course he was, but it's John Noakes, not some random unknown guy.

I know who Noakes is, but referred to him as a BBC presenter for the younger posters, who may not have heard of him. Mind you, i think we are all old farts who post in here! 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know who Noakes is, but referred to him as a BBC presenter for the younger posters, who may not have heard of him. Mind you, i think we are all old farts who post in here! 

Yeah agreed. We also have the scandi lot as well. Not to mention mericans. 

came back from Hungary on Sunday  , put some clothes in the wash  ..found out when i took it out the machine that mine and the boys passports were in the trouser leg pocket for safe keeping 

expensive error , I blame it on a combo of jet lag and he weather  

Was planning something for August but thankfully didn't get to the point of booking it , sounds like it could be October before I see a new passport 

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

came back from Hungary on Sunday  , put some clothes in the wash  ..found out when i took it out the machine that mine and the boys passports were in the trouser leg pocket for safe keeping 

Was planning something for August but thankfully didn't get to the point of booking it , sounds like it could be October before I see a new passport 

We got ourselves back in about 4 weeks as did my sons girlfriend. This at the hight of the press stories about passport delays. 

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

In addition to what Sid said, those passports are current and live AND you can provide the damaged passports and that will eat away a lot of the processing time. if you had lost them, that would have taken much longer

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

We got ourselves back in about 4 weeks as did my sons girlfriend. This at the hight of the press stories about passport delays. 

lets hope so  ...

on passports ,  A  load of my friends who came to our wedding , were coming out to Budapest with me for the weekend as a surprise for Mrs H ...  it was our 20th Anniversary and we got married in Budapest (Mrs H was already out there  with the kids attending a delayed from 2020 Kiss concert ) 

11 PM the night before we were due to fly , one of my mates messaged me to say he might be coming on his own as his girlfriend didn't have her passport back !  sounded like it was coming from Glasgow rather than Liverpool and they had lost it !!  ... she was going to go to the London passport office in the morning to see what they could do  ... opened at 09:00 She got there at 08:00 , 71 people in front of her in the queue  , someone came down the queue asking people when they were due to fly  , and they let her go to the front  , printed her a new passport and she legged it around to Heathrow and made the flight with about 40 mins to spare   .. the people in the queue gave her a round of applause when she came out  with her new passport and it looked like she would make the flight :) 

I'm hoping my renewal will be slightly less urgent than that :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Bit of a tangent here but I'm off on a big family holiday in September, my brothers had to get 5 passports (!) 2 renewals 3 new and he's had some proper dicking about, like they did the first renewal no problem the second renewal they questioned why the child's surname was different from the mom's, one passport required some meeting somewhere with a government office, all five passports were signed by a retired teacher who is a family friend four of them were accepted but the fifth was rejected because of her being retired 

Taken months and a lot of phone calls to sort

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â