General Chat

AVFCLaura

26 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Have changed my phone to greyscale mode as apparently this helps a lot with phone addiction. Not convinced… it’s just a bit annoying 

Would you like to buy some chocolate teapots?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Have changed my phone to greyscale mode as apparently this helps a lot with phone addiction. Not convinced… it’s just a bit annoying 

What the hell is greyscale mode?!

Just now, KentVillan said:

Please can I just buy one chocolate teapot and experiment with it for a few days before arriving at a decision 

They come with a claim that they'll reduce your phone addiction.

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Mo Farah isn’t called Mo Farah and obtained British citizenship under false papers 

I'm quite sure that the Brits will be quite happy to disown him when it all comes out how he got so fast after teaming up with that dodgy Salazar lad at the totally fine Nike project thingy.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

KV I just got the cheapest smart watch I could find (after hating them and certainly refusing to spend hundreds of $$ on an apple watch.)

It vibrates slightly for notifications and after glancing at it you can just continue with what you are doing. I find it far less tempting to engage with anything compared to when you have your phone in your hand. Less than $40 and it tracks all the health stuff and most importantly it has stopped me unlocking my phone about 90%.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-62123966

A desultory cricket match is being played on what looks like a barren patch of land.

The video is soundless - a blue strap at the bottom of the screen tells you the scores of the batting team, the two batters, the projected score and the bowling records. It says that Chennai Fighters are chasing a score of 151 set by the Gandhinagar Challengers.

The outfield is brown and dusty, and the cricket pitch is a whitish carpet nailed to the ground. The Chennai team is scoring at a steady clip of nearly seven runs an over. Strokes are sometimes played but we never see a ball reach the boundary. The batters mostly run clumsy ones or twos.

The fake IPL betting ring that has been discovered in India. How can anyone look at that video and think that's a proffesional set-up. The wicket is a piece of carpet nailed to some brown dusty outfield and the quality of cricket is atrocious. 

• Haha 1

I am a good looking guy. I do not lack confidence even though I am told I am not good looking, I am not funny, I am in not great shape. I assume the people that say that are just wrong. I have masses of self confidence That said....

My feet are the worst feet you will see. My heels are an absolute casserole, extremely hard, and cracked. I have tried just about everything and the only thing that got close was a sander, not really practical. My guess is that some of you must have suffered and dealt with this in the past. Anyone combatted ridiculously hard skin and bad feet? I will try just about anything at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am a good looking guy. I do not lack confidence even though I am told I am not good looking, I am not funny, I am in not great shape. I assume the people that say that are just wrong. I have masses of self confidence That said....

My feet are the worst feet you will see. My heels are an absolute casserole, extremely hard, and cracked. I have tried just about everything and the only thing that got close was a sander, not really practical. My guess is that some of you must have suffered and dealt with this in the past. Anyone combatted ridiculously hard skin and bad feet? I will try just about anything at this point. 

Genuinely thought I was in the politics thread and for the life of me I couldn’t see where this was going.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Genuinely thought I was in the politics thread and for the life of me I couldn’t see where this was going.

It's my pitch to be next Prime Minister. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I suppose mine are the same. I've never cared. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â