General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Nice, I know it, my mother had a friend who lives in those apartments. She, actually lived in a house a few doors up, but got divorced and as part of the divorce her husband bought her it.

They very much look like places for rich old people as the decor is old fashioned, to put it politely :D

But found a reasonably priced one so we'll see what happens

• Like 1

Parents in laws told me at the weekend that there was a big documentary on one of the main terrestrial TV channels about the flooding in Germany last year, the one that killed 200 people, did €10bn in damage* and was the worst natural event in 60 odd years here, the floods they call "die katastrophe" 

Turns out the UK Met Office sent them warnings for 2 days before it happened that it was coming and the german equivalent and government did absolutely nothing about it... 

Its not gone down well at all

* I saw it first hand about a month ago, went for a drive through the nurgburgring and near there there was a small river that you could see the banks had been washed away bridges were gone and then in to an area where riverbank houses were shells, its completely destroyed everything was mad to see, seen plenty of flooding in the UK but never that destruction 

Userfriendly.org has shut down.  :(My favourite online comic-strip of the 90s/00s. A nerdier version of Dilbert. Thank McGrath for archive.org

uf001941.gif

gif

SNSX7fh.gif

FMd8w0uXoAoqT_T.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

Userfriendly.org has shut down.  :(My favourite online comic-strip of the 90s/00s. A nerdier version of Dilbert. Thank McGrath for archive.org

uf001941.gif

gif

SNSX7fh.gif

FMd8w0uXoAoqT_T.jpg

I can certainly see why it's closing. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

uf001941.gif

gif

SNSX7fh.gif

FMd8w0uXoAoqT_T.jpg

Do they have any funny ones?

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can certainly see why it's closing. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do they have any funny ones?

For you two, certainly ;)

UiI4dfT.jpg

• Like 1

Now feels like the perfect time to mention toothpastefordinner.com, MY favourite cartoon site. (Admittedly, I remember it being a lot funnier when I used to check it around 2002).

Spoiler

I mentioned it on here about 10 years ago and it got no love at all

C599A62F-3ABF-4AE6-BC66-8F634CE79EEA.jpeg

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not reported as dead yet

This is apparently because in Japan only a doctor can report death, or something like that. I read that the phrase they used in Japanese media is almost a euphemism for dead.

• Like 1

I got excited when I read former Prime Minister shot, until I realised I was reading world news rather than UK news. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I got excited when I read former Prime Minister shot, until I realised I was reading world news rather than UK news. 

Yeah, I've seen a few people joke that they wish someone would do this to one of our former Primer Ministers with a similarly shit-looking gun.

Not much of a joke. More of a comment, really.

Edited by His Name Is Death

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â