General Chat

AVFCLaura

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Talking of cables... our work issued phones are iphones (8, SE or XR). At a push I'd say at least 50% of the personal phones on the floor are iphones as well. 

Every time i'm in the office all I hear in the background is "anyone got an iphone charger?" or "can i borrow your iphone charger" or any such variant of that. I always keep a spare in my work bag as I have a few of them at home due to various devices. It annoys me that other people aren't as organised. When they borrow it, they never bring it back, I have to go over to their desk and get it at the end of the day. 

Makes me angrier than it should. I've reached the point now where I'll fully charge both my phones in the morning and not take it in! 

This, plus people who walk around on 8% battery. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It would be wrong for someone once in the Barry Island Republican Army (B.I.R.A.) to take a Lordship.

You can always accept and say you did it for your wife 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

You can always accept and say you did it for your wife 

**** hell she makes me look like Rees Mogg. Fairly confident she’s a sleeper agent for the Red Army Faction.

Thinks Mick Lynch is a bit bourgeoise.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

**** hell she makes me look like Rees Mogg. Fairly confident she’s a sleeper agent for the Red Army Faction.

Now i think of it , you did bring millionaire shortbread with you when you popped in that time :detect:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Walked up to the guy, Magnums were £3.50, so I asked if I could have two for a fiver. ‘yeah, no problem’. two magnums for a fiver in Hyde Park on a hot day.

Ah, Goldilocks pricing. You've been had

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah, Goldilocks pricing. You've been had

Nah, I think a magnum from a vendor in Hyde Park on a sunny summer day, I would never have expected to pay less than that.

Yes, we could have walked off in to the non tourist areas a few miles away and saved another pound in a mini mart, but if I was looking for maximum savings I wouldn’t be eating magnums. I’d have taken a packed lunch.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Nah, I think a magnum from a vendor in Hyde Park on a sunny summer day, I would never have expected to pay less than that.

Yes, we could have walked off in to the non tourist areas a few miles away and saved another pound in a mini mart, but if I was looking for maximum savings I wouldn’t be eating magnums. I’d have taken a packed lunch.

You probably also wouldn’t be eating 2 at a time if you were concerned about saving a few pennies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You probably also wouldn’t be eating 2 at a time if you were concerned about saving a few pennies.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was with someone!

Incidentally, that someone got hit on for a date 3 times whilst in my company. Oh to be young in the sunshine in London, with your apps turned on.

Me? Nothing all day, not even a randy MP.

• Sad 1

So today was the first day of winter that it rained all day,and of course we  had to put the car in for a service and water pump replacement and spend a good part of the day wandering about in the rain.The forcast for the next 3 days is cloudy and then sunshine again.So, we picked,virtually the only rainy day to go out for most of the day. Brilliant.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

This feels like @Demitri_C moaning about transport in London.

From everyone in the UK - Deal with it. 

No.Its a completely different situation to yours in the UK.Here we only have about 12 days of rain a year,and I had to pick one of those 12 days to go and get the car fixed.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

No.Its a completely different situation to yours in the UK.Here we only have about 12 days of rain a year,and I had to pick one of those 12 days to go and get the car fixed.

Oh sorry. I assume it snows for the remaining days of winter then when it's not raining? 

• Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Oh sorry. I assume it snows for the remaining days of winter then when it's not raining? 

The bottom line is,that we only have a few rainy days a year and I had to pick one of them to go walkabout.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

The bottom line is,that we only have a few rainy days a year and I had to pick one of them to go walkabout.

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tried to buy a Ferrari earlier but accidentally gave them the debit card from my bank account with only 100 grand in it, as opposed to the 10 others I have with £10 million each in them

I expect nothing less from someone who drinks in the Four Oaks.  😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I expect nothing less from someone who drinks in the Four Oaks.  😂

I might be buying a place in (the incredibly misleadingly named) "The Mansions" soon too

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I might be buying a place in (the incredibly misleadingly named) "The Mansions" soon too

Nice, I know it, my mother had a friend who lives in those apartments. She, actually lived in a house a few doors up, but got divorced and as part of the divorce her husband bought her it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â