General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Various people have tried to buy / bring it back to Brum down the years but it seems the woman who owns it is a bit of a mental case hoarder.  Just won't sell it despite it just rotting in her back garden.  It also lost an arm a few years ago as it's old hollow glass fibre.

Sounds like the new one is being 3d printed by this mob so should be structurally much stronger https://www.robocarv.co.uk/

It was repaired and displayed in Leed in 2016, it's back in her garden in Penrith now though

I'm old enough to remember it in the Bull Ring, though I've never quite understood Birmingham's fascination with it

I think the owner doesn't want to sell it because it's a link to her dead husband

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was repaired and displayed in Leed in 2016, it's back in her garden in Penrith now though

I'm old enough to remember it in the Bull Ring, though I've never quite understood Birmingham's fascination with it

I think the owner doesn't want to sell it because it's a link to her dead husband

She was married to Bruce Cabot? 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

No, she was married to the bloke that owned the car showroom

Yeah, I didn't really think she was married to a 30's Hollywood film star. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

For those older VT members (I mean I'm pretty old but I don't remember seeing this) they are building a new King Kong statue for The Commonwealth games.  They are building a new one in conjunction with the original sculptor and his family and it's going to be visually identical but even bigger.

Cool.  Will it be climbing up Selfridges or Alexander stadium?

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Hopefully remade with its arm outstretched and foot ready to stomp down on the Tilton Railway Pandiani Dugarry Stand.

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

I'm worried where they are going to get the biplanes from. 

Someone is doing alright despite all the issues

The chief executive of Birmingham Airport has been given a 49% pay rise, angering trade unions.

Nick Barton's annual wage has risen from £399,000 to £595,000. 

It comes as air travellers have been experiencing long delays and cancellations.

Jane Nellist, president of Coventry Trade Union Council, said the pay was "absolutely disgraceful", but airport board member John McNicholas said it was "paying the appropriate rate".

Staff shortages, among security staff in particular, have caused major issues for travellers at Birmingham Airport which received £12.8m of public money from the government to support it during the Covid pandemic.

Link

• Shocked 1

So we're looking at having a new Patio replacing the big standard concrete paving slabs. 

It's a big area and the guy has said he will need 2 skips. 

A work acquaintance of Mrs Sidcow has told her not to get them carted away as if we put them on Gumtree someone will buy and collect.  

Has anyone tried to do this in the past as I don't want to be lumbered with a shed load of paving slabs. 

I haven't, but I'd try and sell them in advance, stick a post on gumtree or Facebook market place and try and get an idea of if there's any interest, or at least have a search and see how much people have got for similar. You don't want to **** around with it and find out the best you're getting is twenty quid.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I haven't, but I'd try and sell them in advance, stick a post on gumtree or Facebook market place and try and get an idea of if there's any interest, or at least have a search and see how much people have got for similar. You don't want to **** around with it and find out the best you're getting is twenty quid.

Twenty quid would be fine if I'm saving £150 on a skip. 

• Like 1

I've got rid of a load of stuff on Gumtree for free. last thing was a solid bunk bed, double on the bottom, single on the top, a couple came round dismantled it and took it away for free. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â