General Chat

AVFCLaura

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Well, 20 months later and after a hung jury in the first trial, justice has finally been served.

Gary Warner was murdered by Kane Stonehouse in a premeditated attack.  Stonehouse will now serve a life sentence with a minimum term of 20 years.

It's been an absolutely horrible ordeal from start to finish, and whilst this has given us closure, closure doesn't always feel nice...

https://west-midlands.police.uk/news/man-jailed-over-fatal-stabbing-sutton-coldfield?check_logged_in=1

Echoing Blandy's sentiments Rob. Glad for your family it's over and perhaps a more sustained time of real healing can begin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Well, 20 months later and after a hung jury in the first trial, justice has finally been served.

Gary Warner was murdered by Kane Stonehouse in a premeditated attack.  Stonehouse will now serve a life sentence with a minimum term of 20 years.

It's been an absolutely horrible ordeal from start to finish, and whilst this has given us closure, closure doesn't always feel nice...

https://west-midlands.police.uk/news/man-jailed-over-fatal-stabbing-sutton-coldfield?check_logged_in=1

I remember hearing about this, used to know a few lads around the Lodge going to Willmott myself, so interested me. Reading that though mate, looks like the police did a proper job, fair play to them, got you and your family justice.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Leaked documents reveal that Amazon is about to run out of people to hire by 2024, and has a turnover rate of employees at roughly 150 percent a year, or twice the amount of the retail and logistics industries at large, a New York Times investigation revealed last year.

What a **** turd of a company that is. Truly a race to the bottom and I avoid it to the absolute limit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

What a **** turd of a company that is. Truly a race to the bottom and I avoid it to the absolute limit.

Absolutely. All big companies are like it to some extent. Pay people the lowest you can, and cut costs as much as possible. Someone leaves? Don't replace, just spread the work out over the team. 

The power definitely needs to shift back to the employees. 

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely. All big companies are like it to some extent. Pay people the lowest you can, and cut costs as much as possible. Someone leaves? Don't replace, just spread the work out over the team. 

The power definitely needs to shift back to the employees. 

You'll be hating the Jews soon with talk like that.

My flat in Brum is not on a BTL mortgage. Nationwide who it is with just demanded I pay the mortgage at a higher rate of interest to justify renting it, no change of mortgage. I obliged as it was the easy way forward. It's not far from fully paid, at it was a standard repayment tracker.

An absolute bibilical storm raging in Sofia right now. I'm trying to remember if I've ever experienced anything like it. Sheets of rain falling, it's pitch black with all three types of lightning going on. 

For those older VT members (I mean I'm pretty old but I don't remember seeing this) they are building a new King Kong statue for The Commonwealth games.  They are building a new one in conjunction with the original sculptor and his family and it's going to be visually identical but even bigger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

For those older VT members (I mean I'm pretty old but I don't remember seeing this) they are building a new King Kong statue for The Commonwealth games.  They are building a new one in conjunction with the original sculptor and his family and it's going to be visually identical but even bigger.

I think the original is in a car park in Cumbria. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think the original is in a car park in Cumbria. 

Various people have tried to buy / bring it back to Brum down the years but it seems the woman who owns it is a bit of a mental case hoarder.  Just won't sell it despite it just rotting in her back garden.  It also lost an arm a few years ago as it's old hollow glass fibre.

Sounds like the new one is being 3d printed by this mob so should be structurally much stronger https://www.robocarv.co.uk/

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â