General Chat

AVFCLaura

Do you eat local honey?

I tried that a few times and I'm not sure on it

My hay-fever is usually like the last dregs of a cold that I can't shake, its always there but I can live with it, then on certain days it'll explode and mess me up

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Nope. Been using Beconase for years, but I've noticed over the last few summers I've needed it less and less. It's gone from 2 or 3 times a day for 6 to 8 weeks, to once or twice a week for about 3 weeks. 

I might try this. Maybe the trick is to use it like march time before the pollen starts and see if that makes a difference

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I might try this. Maybe the trick is to use it like march time before the pollen starts and see if that makes a difference

I lowered the dose because the symptoms were receding, not the other way round. 

Think we all knew this already , but good to see the study confirm it :)

People from the north of England with strong accents are perceived as being "less intelligent" and "less educated" than those in the South, a study has revealed.

Edited by tonyh29

On 14/06/2022 at 14:13, mjmooney said:

Nope. Been using Beconase for years, but I've noticed over the last few summers I've needed it less and less. It's gone from 2 or 3 times a day for 6 to 8 weeks, to once or twice a week for about 3 weeks. 

Having said all that, today has been pretty shit. First bad one of the season, admittedly, but still annoying. 

Why is there a big story about massive delays for ambulances. After Brexit we were promised the NHS would be flooded with money. Why is this a problem? 

Feels almost like the Brexit bus had false slogans on it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is there a big story about massive delays for ambulances. After Brexit we were promised the NHS would be flooded with money. Why is this a problem? 

Feels almost like the Brexit bus had false slogans on it. 

It’s only because the economy is doing so well that we have ambulances at all, something that STARMER would have abolished.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

justice has finally been served

There are no appropriate trite emoticons, but I’m pleased for that and for closure, Rob.

• Like 1

A few things happened today that I really wasn't expecting when I woke up this morning. 

I was at a funeral and I was thinking about @mjmooney, which is a good starting point.

It was a funeral for my great Aunt who died last month age 96.

I was thinking about M J Mooney because the vicar was referencing Bob Dylan. I was not expecting Bob Dylan to be referenced at the funeral of my 96 year old great aunt. 

This was at a church in the middle of nowhere in Shropshire. I mean the BIG nearby place was Enville. It's about as rural and isolated as you can get in the Midlands so. I was therefore suprised that one of the Eulogies was delivered by Jason Bradbury off that there telly who was as you expect very polished, opened by asking us if we were all having a good time😁

And then there was the Vicar apologising for controlling all of the music from his phone. 

So all in all a day of unexpected events. 

The Cat at Enville is an excellent pub too.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â