General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

far as i know , Apple own the patent on USB-C anyway  so presumably they wont lose out in all this , even if they might have to redesign the iPhone at some point 

It's not true, but repeated so often that people believe it. Apple owns a patent on a very similar reversible connector, but not USB type-c.

Apple is a member of the USB Implementers Forum whose existence means that any patent application would fail the "prior art" test. The first two devices which used it were (from memory) a Macbook and a Chromebook.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What’s the most impressively sober thing you’ve seen someone do after 5+ pints?

At uni we got Gran Turismo 4 and more than race head to head we spent more time doing time trials and trying to beat each other.

At the same time my housemate worked for a bar, and their chain was doing a competition where whichever bar sold the most Guinness won a trip to Dublin for all the staff. So we decided to go to his bar and drink guinness all night.

The target was ten pints and we hit it, plus a couple of guinness cocktails and a shot.

When I got back my mate who hadn't come out was playing gran turismo. I asked for a go and beat a couple of the times he'd set :D 

He still brings it up to this day as the most impressive thing he's seen a drunk person do

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

At the same time my housemate worked for a bar, and their chain was doing a competition where whichever bar sold the most Guinness won a trip to Dublin for all the staff

Well, dont leave us hanging, did your effort help?

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What’s the most impressively sober thing you’ve seen someone do after 5+ pints?

I rapped Public Enemies 'Bring the Noise' word perfectly once at a Karaoke party.

I was easily past the 5 pint mark and still managed a faultless delivery without using the screen 😁

There was a video of it somewhere but I don't know where the bugger is (not that I'd share it on here anyway!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I did something similar at a wedding once. Was a winter wedding, reception was in a big country home. After dark, I wandered outside for a cig with a pint of Guinness in my hand, and didn't notice that the lawn had been sculpted into a series of ledges (like those terraced farms they have in Asia).

To my complete shock, I walked off the side of one of these and landed flat on my back, holding the unspilt pint above my head. Was very proud of myself.

Must be a VT skill. I once did it it in a beer garden with a similar terrace. Fell down about a four foot slope, arse over tit, holding a full pint. Didn't spill a drop. The VTer's gyroscope. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

At the end of an all day session, I once caught a full (unopened) can of red bull that was aggressively launched at my head from fairly close range, maybe two metres away. Just plucked it out of the air without thinking about it. Pure flex reaction, wouldn’t have been able to do it again. I can remember the mate who threw it had a momentary WTF look on his face as we continued our disagreement without missing a beat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I rapped Public Enemies 'Bring the Noise' word perfectly once at a Karaoke party.

I was easily past the 5 pint mark and still managed a faultless delivery without using the screen 😁

There was a video of it somewhere but I don't know where the bugger is (not that I'd share it on here anyway!)

Back in the early 90s and there is a new intake of redcoats at Butlins, it was tradition to have a meet up and drinks on their first night, hosted by us older hands. As all redcoats are performing seals we went to a bar that had karaoke. A fair few pints in, the first impression of me to these wet behind the ears redcoats was me on Karaoke singing The Macc Lads Fat Bastard over the top of Sweets Blockbuster. I was banned from that bar as a result. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

At the end of an all day session, I once caught a full (unopened) can of red bull that was aggressively launched at my head from fairly close range, maybe two metres away. Just plucked it out of the air without thinking about it. Pure flex reaction, wouldn’t have been able to do it again. I can remember the mate who threw it had a momentary WTF look on his face as we continued our disagreement without missing a beat.

Call me a spoil sport but I feel like a mate launching a full can of red bull at your head from 2 metres is a bit of a dick. That would have taken your head off 😂

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's great when you're pissed and think you're doing something really well

It's interesting how many of these stories involve the poster himself displaying superpowers. We may need to get VAR involved here

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Call me a spoil sport but I feel like a mate launching a full can of red bull at your head from 2 metres is a bit of a dick. That would have taken your head off 😂

Oh yeah, it could have been much more unpleasant. But in the moment, because we were both drunk it did just seem like a more acceptable retort in the argument, so it wasn’t as big a deal as it should have been. 

He did apologise for his reaction the next day, not specifically for throwing it. 

About a year later, he fell out massively with another mutual friend at a wedding (no throwing of any beverages involved) and kinda removed himself from the friendship circle, so as a consequence I haven’t seen him in over six years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

It's interesting how many of these stories involve the poster himself displaying superpowers. We may need to get VAR involved here

I had witnesses, who applauded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â