General Chat

AVFCLaura

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone know the best place for drop off / pick up at the genting arena? 

Ain't no such place! Called Resorts World Arena now😁

Probably Birmingham International Rail Station I would say.  Easy walk from there and has a free dedicated drop off/pick up system. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

Ain't no such place! Called Resorts World Arena now😁

Probably Birmingham International Rail Station I would say. 

Yeah that's what I said too, disabled bay outside the rail station and walk through but it's my brothers ex and my 8 year old niece so my mom's pestering me to pick them up outside the front door which I'm not even sure is possible 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone know the best place for drop off / pick up at the genting arena? 

Not too sure about drop offs, but I went to Crufts and parked at the Crown Plaza using Your Parking Space. I reckon it was a much better option than the official parking. It probably wouldn't be too bad of a drop off place, not too far of a walk to the arena and It was easy to get out of too.

Happy St. George’s day VT …For the lefties amongst you happy regular Saturday 23rd April :) 

Chertsey Towns last game of the season today so I’m off to Newbury for the game followed by a night out on the hoy drinking patriotic German beer to celebrate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Happy St. George’s day VT …For the lefties amongst you happy regular Saturday 23rd April :) 

Chertsey Towns last game of the season today so I’m off to Newbury for the game followed by a night out on the hoy drinking patriotic German beer to celebrate 

Make sure you have a traditional chicken tikka masala at the end of the night :) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Make sure you have a traditional chicken tikka masala at the end of the night :) 

None of that foreign muck for me , I’m having a kebab instead 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1650708015698.jpg

It’s lucky I read this before I headed out , now I know the dragon might still be alive I can wear  my dragon protection jumper  ... feeling quite smug now for buying it on Amazon  .

Edited by tonyh29

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been to. The tip.  Booked my slot online, drove straight in. Brilliant.  Used to have to queue for half an hour or so previously. 

Meanwhile flytipping increased exponentially

I dropped my Tablet in the bath 2 nights ago and the screen is totally ****. I'm going to go through the home insurance as I've got accidental cover.

Problem is, the tablet is worth £200 more than what I paid for it originally. Will they take that into consideration or will they just give me what the receipt says I paid for? Is it worth not including a photo of the receipt to avoid not getting enough to be able to rebuy the item? I've filled out the claim online and it doesn't ask how much I want to claim, only what I paid for the item(s).

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Meanwhile flytipping increased exponentially

I had wondered about that. It is stupid you can't actually book a slot on the day itself as well. That's going to encourage the spur of the moment people to just dump it somewhere. 

41 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I dropped my Tablet in the bath 2 nights ago

WTF were you looking at on your tablet in the bath? 

Actually don't bother, I think we all know 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I had wondered about that. It is stupid you can't actually book a slot on the day itself as well. That's going to encourage the spur of the moment people to just dump it somewhere. 

Leeds have now dropped the requirement to book slots, you can just turn up. More importantly, they have reversed their policy on charging for builders' rubble, you can now bring anything, free. Definitely a response to the increase in flytipping. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â