General Chat

AVFCLaura

anyone get sky sports on BT vision? worth its own thread or has no one got it?

thinking of getting it through freeview but almost convinced sky are going to move stuff around to limit what you actually get to watch, ie soccer saturday has gone to SSN only, if the NFL, soccer am and super sunday changed channels it would be a waste of £7 a month

Ofcom's ruling says that if Sky start moving "significant" content from SS1/SS2 to channels not available on BT Vision or TopUp TV, then they have to offer the channels with the new content to BT Vision and TopUp TV.

As for what's "significant", these almost surely are:

* Live Premier League

* Live Champions League (main game)

* Live England Euro 2012 qualifiers (new - so no move issue but will be SS2)

* Live England cricket

* Live England rugby union

* Live Ryder Cup

Football League and Carling Cup will probably mostly be on SS1/SS2.... friday night games look to be on SS3, but that's probably the extent in that direction.

Everything else is probably fair game for being shuffled around the Sky channels.

Very sad to see the International community not being generous with aid to Pakistan at all. This is their worst disaster in over 40 years, people are dying of starvation and disease by the hundreds, yet 'allies' like China have only contributed paltry sums(China about 2 million). Haiti got much more media coverage thanks to the American media and aid was generously provided , yet the same generousity has not been forthcoming this time.

India hasn't send any aid as well which is pretty petty in my opinion. India is special disaster management units having vast experience in dealing with natural disasters and I am sure they could have been very useful but not to be so.

Very sad to see the International community not being generous with aid to Pakistan at all. This is their worst disaster in over 40 years, people are dying of starvation and disease by the hundreds, yet 'allies' like China have only contributed paltry sums(China about 2 million). Haiti got much more media coverage thanks to the American media and aid was generously provided , yet the same generousity has not been forthcoming this time.

India hasn't send any aid as well which is pretty petty in my opinion. India is special disaster management units having vast experience in dealing with natural disasters and I am sure they could have been very useful but not to be so.

Are you surprised about India, though? It's a real shame, and it would have been a chance to build some bridges with the hand of friendship, but no.

I'll be interested to see what level of voluntary donations are made by "the man in the street" in various countries (I have sent some dosh, BTW).

i was surprised whn thay said its done more damage than the tsunami the other night on the news

problem is, personally its not as shocking anymore, i remember the tsunami having a huge appeal, kids at the end of supermarket tills collecting cash etc, then the huge chinese earthquake, then katrina, then haiti, now this and china at the same time, plus several others this year i cant even think of (IIRC hasnt the kashmir region been hit with an earthquake or something this year already?)

IMO as the number of these big collection drives has increased the popularity of them has decreased, i havent even seen a collection for this in kiddy, nor the tv adverts that haiti had, all ive seen in terms of media coverage for a collection was central news saying someone in brum had raised £100k the day after

Are you surprised about India, though? It's a real shame, and it would have been a chance to build some bridges with the hand of friendship, but no.

Not that much to be honest , considering the timing of this thing. Relations are pretty much at base level now with little hopes of making any sort of headway on peace talks, especially after the acrimonious failure of the visit by Indian officials. I am kind of guessing te Govt. wants to help but the fear of public opinion turning against them for sending aid to basically an openly hostile country is not worth it in their eyes. Indians aren't exactly very relenting people when it comes to matters concerning Pakistan.

I remember India sending lots of financial aid, manpower as well as food packets during and in the aftermath of the earthquake which happened a few years back and reading reports of Pakistani officials tearing off the 'Made in India' labels from the supplies , a very petty thing to do under the circumstances. I can see why they are reluctant this time around.

At what point does failing to pee actually do damage? I'm absolutely bursting for a piss but I've to provide a sample for a drug test in a little over an hour from now so I'm desperately holding it in. Don't want to lose a kidney over a stupid drug test.

Have a glass of water to take your mind off it.

At what point does failing to pee actually do damage? I'm absolutely bursting for a piss but I've to provide a sample for a drug test in a little over an hour from now so I'm desperately holding it in. Don't want to lose a kidney over a stupid drug test.

Thats the shit part I'm really thirsty.

Thats the shit part I'm really thirsty.

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle......

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â