General Chat

AVFCLaura

Did anyone watch "Madness in the Fast Lane" last night? I'm watching it now. only about 10 minutes in but it is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen!

I recommend it already but it's not for the squemish.

I was just about to call it a night when it came on the tv, it was utterly compelling. How on earth do you go back to work as a police officer the day after that? The show still didn't really explain what had happened. Also, how on earth were they released the next day? Surely repeatedly running into motorway traffic and shouting I recognise you, you are not real, gets you sectioned?

Scum bag rapist and suspected serial killer Larry Murphy has been released from jail here today. He lived 3 mile away from here before he was put inside and his ex wife lives in the village. Strange how no more women went missing while he was inside. Hope he gets taken out , utter , utter bastard.

The fat van insurance man is, I belive, Andy Scott from the 70s Glam Rock band "The Sweet" - I think it's Andy Scott anyway, but it is CERTAINLY one of The Sweet - who incidentally HATED playing all the Glam Rock stuff and were really aspiring to be a "heavy/rock" group - many of their B sides were in fact like that.

For those who watch Sky Sports News, who is the fat guitar guy hocking van insurance in the advert breaks?

That advert is bloody hilarious. "I couldn't get van insurance in the 70s." Yeah like you were ever looking for it. Times must be tough if you have to do a bloody van insurance commercial.

its andy scott from sweet, and that adverts **** dire

probably trying to ride the wave of popular car insurance adverts at the moment, but its awful

Did anyone watch "Madness in the Fast Lane" last night? I'm watching it now. only about 10 minutes in but it is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen!

I was just about to call it a night when it came on the tv, it was utterly compelling. How on earth do you go back to work as a police officer the day after that? The show still didn't really explain what had happened. Also, how on earth were they released the next day? Surely repeatedly running into motorway traffic and shouting I recognise you, you are not real, gets you sectioned?

Well I think they didn't really explain what happened because they couldn't. They were both absolutely cuckoo.

And they siad had a proper psychologist or psychiatrist or whatever seen the footage of them they would have said they were mental. But they were only interviewed at which point they seemed to be pretty normal.

The mad thing was how she only got 5 years in prison because they claimed she was mad when she comitted the crime but sane now.

Well I think they didn't really explain what happened because they couldn't. They were both absolutely cuckoo.

And they siad had a proper psychologist or psychiatrist or whatever seen the footage of them they would have said they were mental. But they were only interviewed at which point they seemed to be pretty normal.

The mad thing was how she only got 5 years in prison because they claimed she was mad when she comitted the crime but sane now.

It was a strange documentary for sure. Watching those woman run in front of traffic was one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen. The fact the dead man's family will never know the reason for their relative's death is terrible.

Scum bag rapist and suspected serial killer Larry Murphy has been released from jail here today. He lived 3 mile away from here before he was put inside and his ex wife lives in the village. Strange how no more women went missing while he was inside. Hope he gets taken out , utter , utter bastard.

He's off to England they say as some not so pleasant Republicans have warned him he is a dead man if he stays in Ireland. I wouldn't even want to think what those kind of people would do to him. I doubt it would be painless.

For those who watch Sky Sports News, who is the fat guitar guy hocking van insurance in the advert breaks?

That advert is bloody hilarious. "I couldn't get van insurance in the 70s." Yeah like you were ever looking for it. Times must be tough if you have to do a bloody van insurance commercial.

probably trying to ride the wave of popular car insurance adverts at the moment, but its awful

Ah, ok. That explains why he shouts 'Sweeeet' at the end. I've never heard of them.

I also watched it and was shocked, 5 years for stabbing someone, out in what 2/3 years? a joke isn't it really.

Ah, ok. That explains why he shouts 'Sweeeet' at the end. I've never heard of them.

Never... heard... of... The... Sweet...?????

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you. :shock:

They were shite. But Rob likes them.

lead singer was taggarts brother wasn't he ?

nah, Brian Connolly was not related to Mark McManus. McManus was the nephew of Brian's foster father. No blood ties

The fat van insurance man is, I belive, Andy Scott from the 70s Glam Rock band "The Sweet" - I think it's Andy Scott anyway, but it is CERTAINLY one of The Sweet - who incidentally HATED playing all the Glam Rock stuff and were really aspiring to be a "heavy/rock" group - many of their B sides were in fact like that.

Even "Ballroom Blitz" has that heavy rock vibe, though it sometimes takes a

(perhaps more especially, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPclknLuO84's cover, but I'd rather look at Tia Carrere ;) ).

Even "Ballroom Blitz" has that heavy rock vibe, though it sometimes takes a

(perhaps more especially, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPclknLuO84's cover, but I'd rather look at Tia Carrere ;) ).

I recently acquired the Sweet's complete back catalogue and can confirm Hev is correct

Sweet were pushed as a Bubblegum pop band by Chapman and Chinn but wanted to be a proper rock band and their B sides confirmed that. They were actually damned good

anyone get sky sports on BT vision? worth its own thread or has no one got it?

thinking of getting it through freeview but almost convinced sky are going to move stuff around to limit what you actually get to watch, ie soccer saturday has gone to SSN only, if the NFL, soccer am and super sunday changed channels it would be a waste of £7 a month

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â