General Chat

Stevo985

I completely forgot about the second best burger I’ve ever had. Merry hill food court, Olive Oil & Oregano, chicken burger with all the salad and their mayo. It’s massive. It’s tasty. It’s awesome. 

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

There’s a few of them mate, but I usually go to the one in Cannon Street.

Dirty burger is good, too. I also like Honest Burger and Shake Shack. There’s loads of choice down here if you’re a burger lover. 

Never heard of them before but I must try out if they are as good as you say. 

Honest burger? Wha5 a name !,

Does anyone know anything about a "code 22?" what happened was a while back (6 months) a group of us went to a bar and we recieved quite a bad service from this bar (wont go into details) so we each left a negative review on their Facebook page. One of the group wanted to go back and was told she is barred from that bar now for leaving that comment. Ok fine

But then Saturday night we went to a different bar and we got told we have a code 22 against us meaning we cant get into that bar either. After looking it up it now seems we have been barred from 1500 places in London!!!

I am actually gobsmacked. Surely this is a breach of the data protection act sharing my details with other parties without my consent? How can we be barred from so many places for leaving a negative review? If you can't handle negative feedback dont have a review page!

Not sure what to do if anyone has experienced anything similar?

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone know anything about a "code 22?" what happened was a while back (6 months) a group of us went to a bar and we recieved quite a bad service from this bar (wont go into details) so we each left a negative review on their Facebook page. One of the group wanted to go back and was told she is barred from that bar now for leaving that comment. Ok fine

But then Saturday night we went to a different bar and we got told we have a code 22 against us meaning we cant get into that bar either. After looking it up it now seems we have been barred from 1500 places in London!!!

I am actually gobsmacked. Surely this is a breach of the data protection act sharing my details with other parties without my consent? How can we be barred from so many places for leaving a negative review? If you can't handle negative feedback dont have a review page!

How would they know who you are?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dare ya to share your obviously **** stupid reviews as well :lol: 

You don't get barred from places for leaving bad reviews unless they are absolutely stupid, insulting and name shaming. 

• Like 2

I've never heard of such a thing, nor has Google...Someone's got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.

There's nobody working in a bar in London that is spending their time scanning the crowd, cross-referencing people with a list of people that have left a different bar a poor review. It's absolute nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎24‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 08:59, hogso said:

Is the best answer I've seen during this conversation. Well worth the inevitable queueing time when you arrive. 

Anyone in the North West should try Almost Famous too. 

Almost Famous is absurd. So good.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You don't get barred from places for leaving bad reviews unless they are absolutely stupid, insulting and name shaming. 

If I find it i will share it no worries but I gurantee to it was a tame review mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you go in this bar they only let you in if they can scan you license or passport.  They must have stored my details and matched the name via Facebook 

They've unintentionally done you a service, then. You shouldn't entertain going in to such an establishment.

I think this discussion has been done before.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It sounds like when my sister in law was telling us about how unreasonable her employers were being, so much of it just makes no sense at all... :lol: 

Too many businesses don't know how to deal with negative feedback. The customer is always right, even when he's wrong. 

Good response: "We are sorry you didn't have a good experience. We have taken on board your criticisms, and learned from them. We do hope you will come back and give us another try". 

Worse response: (Ignore it) 

Worst possible response: (Blame the customer and act confrontationally).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've never heard of such a thing, nor has Google...Someone's got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.

There's nobody working in a bar in London that is spending their time scanning the crowd, cross-referencing people with a list of people that have left a different bar a poor review. It's absolute nonsense.

That's what i thought mate. It's nonsense. But they knew which bar had put the ban or code  22 (which i think is wrong as nothing online) and described why the ban had been put in place.

Also i am unhappy they are sharing my details with third party companies without my consent.

Â