General Chat

Stevo985

15 minutes ago, Rodders said:

based on pure volume by the looks of it. Who could eat all that? Who would want to? :D Give me a regular burger and chips combo in the £8-12 range and I'm happy - portion size that is happily unamerican without breaking the bank. If I'm paying c£30 for a meal for two, at the very least we're sitting somewhere nice. The five guys restaurants I see always seem so plasticy on the inside.

Nah not at all.

Yeah you get extra volume, but quality wise it's so much better.

I'd like to know where your going that's decent for £30, you can barely get a harvester for that, even on the cheap menu, when you add drinks! 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Last time I went my OH and I had a burger each, shared a chips and had a coke each. 

It was £29

Go to Original Patty Men! Shared starter, burger each, shared fries and a drink each for under £25. And it's an actual restaurant. 

I was going for roughly £30, at that price you may as well pay an extra £5-10 but plenty of perfectly decent restaurants - drink each plus main course each = roughly about that. Not talking about your fancy pants dinners, but still an upgrade on a sterile burger joint ;)

I'll take your word for it on the quality though, as with those sizea I just would either be guilty at how much I've eaten or just as bad for what was left behind. With smaller portions there's always room for dessert!

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Im another in the never been to 5 guys camp

for me though , Burger King bacon double cheese burger are fast food heaven , never get people who’d rather have a McDonald’s over BK ....it’s like people who drink coke instead of Pepsi , they are just wrong 

Burger king used to do a mushroom double Swiss burger......heaven in a bun !!! Then they stopped it..... I discovered it again in Australia in their version of BK  (hungry jacks)...now they've stopped it and the only place I can get it is BK in Singapore :(.....never been there and have no plans to. 

If only somewhere else did it or very similar....

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Five Guys is middle of the road IMO. I’d put it in a similar category to GBK or Byron. 

The best burger I’ve eaten is from Bleeker Street (not sure whether they have a branch in Birmingham). If you’re ever in London then definitely try their burgers. **** unreal. 

Sound intriguing where in London is it? Might need to check this out. For London there is a place called dirty burger its suppose to be awesome.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went to Nando’s once and failed to see the appeal. It was twice the price of KFC and half as nice. 

I thought back in the day nandos was good now its pretty shit.  Smaller and more expensive and more stingy with the peri dust and sauce

The funny thing is people think nandos is healthy option. It really isn't when you actually look into it.

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Burger king used to do a mushroom double Swiss burger......heaven in a bun !!! Then they stopped it..... I discovered it again in Australia in their version of BK  (hungry jacks)...now they've stopped it and the only place I can get it is BK in Singapore :(.....never been there and have no plans to. 

Mushroom in a burger?

Hmm wonder why they stopped that then :puke:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nandos is awful, the only good thing on the menu is the spicy Chicken Livers, the chicken is horrific.

I'm amazed at how popular Nandos is, it's some of the worst chicken anywhere in the world

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm amazed at how popular Nandos is, it's some of the worst chicken anywhere in the world

I agree.

Me, the wife and the children went and all had a tiny dry chicken and a handful of fries and soft drinks. It was over £40

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree.

Me, the wife and the children went and all had a tiny dry chicken and a handful of fries and soft drinks. It was over £40

Sounds about right.  I have been to Nando's 4 times, each one a different outlet but I had the same shitty food experience in each of them. At least they are consistent !

It’s chicken with seasoning and a range of sauces, I’m not quite sure how badly it can be done?

I know it’s not gourmet food but chicken and chips for a tenner seems fair to me? I must be eating in their top restaurant because I’ve never had grounds to complain before.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 4

KFC has apologised to its customers for running out of chicken - in a pretty cheeky way.

The fast-food chain took out a full page ad in the Sun and Metro newspapers which shows an empty bucket of chicken with crumbs spilling out.

Instead of having KFC logo on the side, the letters have been switched around to read "FCK".

_100153071_img_5826.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43169625

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Never set foot in a five guys before. Don’t know how it differs to other fast food restaurants. A quick search suggests that the nearest one to me is a 45 minute drive away, so I won’t be finding out in a hurry.

There is about 3 in Brum city centre at last count. Very nice burger but expensive as others have said. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought back in the day nandos was good now its pretty shit.  Smaller and more expensive and more stingy with the peri dust and sauce

Definitely more expensive with smaller portions than it used to be years ago.

It is still awesome though.

I must have easily eaten in Nandos 100's of times!  Possibly 400-500 times at a guess.

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I will make an argument for McDonald’s breakfast muffins. The double egg and cheese McMuffin is a god tier breakfast. They have got me through a lot of post night shift journeys home.

Amen brother. 

Sausage and egg mMcMuffin (not a double - i'm not a savage), 2x hash browns and a cappuccino. Boom! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Singapore is a blast brother! Expensive though, had 3 nights out on the town there and spent over £1k! Good memories though... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Amen brother. 

Sausage and egg mMcMuffin (not a double - i'm not a savage), 2x hash browns and a cappuccino. Boom! 

What's wrong with you man???

Double or nothing :D

• Like 2

Â