General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you think anyone would actually eat KFC if the reason they had to change the name was they were breeding mutant chickens, so different to real chickens that they weren't legally allowed to call them chickens?! :D

KFC claim they changed the name to get rid of the word "Fried" to make it sound healthier.

The real reason, I've heard, is that the state of Kentucky was broke so they trademarked the name. Which meant to keep it KFC would have had to pay a shitload of money. So they took the word out of their name. 

That might be a myth too, but it's a lot more believable than the mutant chickens :D 

It is another myth :)

they are still called Kentucky  Fried Chicken and they still own the Trademark etc ... it was partly  as people already called them KFC and partly as they wanted to get away from the perception that they only sold chicken  

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

they are still called Kentucky  Fried Chicken and they still own the Trademark etc ... it was partly  as people already called them KFC and partly as they wanted to get away from the perception that they only sold chicken  

It always confused me when they asked me if I wanted to add beef wings

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah I thought it might be. I remmeber when I heard/read it they said the same thing had happened to the Kentucky Derby. But I know Kentucky Derby is still called the Kentucky Derby so that pointed towards it being false.

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If you do go, take out a small loan and prepare for a bland burger. Instead, go to BK and get a bacon double XL with cheese and bask in its glory.

Now you're talking.. accompanied by a large fries and a coke. 

I rate this over McDonalds tasteless shite.

KFC... I don't mind a bucket now and again but I always leave it on a plate first as it just swims in grase if left in the bucket too long otherwise.

I dont know if it was me as I was young as a kid but wimpy burgers seemed good at the time! they are all closed down near me now though so maybe it was because I was young that I thought tasted epic

my order of burgers for fast food

5 guys

BK

any other burger in the universe

McDs

Also special mention to gourmet burger, man they are good 

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Im another in the never been to 5 guys camp

for me though , Burger King bacon double cheese burger are fast food heaven , never get people who’d rather have a McDonald’s over BK ....it’s like people who drink coke instead of Pepsi , they are just wrong 

That used to be the case. They've shrank the size of the regular burger, the XL one is simply the size of the regular one 10-15 years ago. Also, Burger King used to have the best chips out of the lot, but they changed the recipe and they are now awful.

Burger King is just a massively overpriced bag of shit these days. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That used to be the case. They've shrank the size of the regular burger, the XL one is simply the size of the regular one 10-15 years ago. Also, Burger King used to have the best chips out of the lot, but they changed the recipe and they are now awful.

Burger King is just a massively overpriced bag of shit these days. 

Have you had 5 guys? Try the fries there OMG

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Five Guys is excellent, but it's just ridiculously expensive for what it is.

more than worth paying for the additional quality.

The burger is twice the size, with as many toppings as you want and infinitely better quality.

A small chips could feed 3 full size blokes, compared to the 6 fries you get in a large portion of maccies and a massive choice of pop.

its absolutely worth it compared to the rest. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

The burger is twice the size, with as many toppings as you want and infinitely better quality.

A small chips could feed 3 full size blokes, compared to the 6 fries you get in a large portion of maccies and a massive choice of pop.

Last time I went my OH and I had a burger each, shared a chips and had a coke each. 

It was £29

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Last time I went my OH and I had a burger each, shared a chips and had a coke each. 

It was £29

It is about £15 each with a drink. the refill option is pretty good though. the chips are huge. if they were stingy i would be annoyed.

For me it is a occasional treat very overpriced but its better quality than mcds and BK

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah, good, but overpriced. >£10 for a burger and chips, they need to get real.

Yet when you go there its completely packed. But if You think about it a nandos costs you £11 for a small half the chicken with absolutely tiny portion of fries 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is about £15 each with a drink. the refill option is pretty good though. the chips are huge. if they were stingy i would be annoyed.

For me it is a occasional treat very overpriced but its better quality than mcds and BK

Yet when you go there its completely packed. But if You think about it a nandos costs you £11 for a small half the chicken with absolutely tiny portion of fries 

Nandos is awful, the only good thing on the menu is the spicy Chicken Livers, the chicken is horrific.

32 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

based on pure volume by the looks of it. Who could eat all that? Who would want to? :D Give me a regular burger and chips combo in the £8-12 range and I'm happy - portion size that is happily unamerican without breaking the bank. If I'm paying c£30 for a meal for two, at the very least we're sitting somewhere nice. The five guys restaurants I see always seem so plasticy on the inside.

Five Guys is middle of the road IMO. I’d put it in a similar category to GBK or Byron. 

The best burger I’ve eaten is from Bleeker Street (not sure whether they have a branch in Birmingham). If you’re ever in London then definitely try their burgers. **** unreal. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Â