General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t beat BK for me as a mainstream fast food giant. KFC makes me ill. Maccies is just bad. Five Guys are the most tasteless, overrated and overpriced, fries are good though.

I think Five Guys is excellent, but it's just ridiculously expensive for what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Can’t beat BK for me as a mainstream fast food giant. KFC makes me ill. Maccies is just bad. Five Guys are the most tasteless, overrated and overpriced, fries are good though.

oh man 5 guys! I love 5 guys but I do agree its bloody over priced. The fries are excellent. I like the refill option

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No. That's a myth.

Interesting, as the rumours were you would have deformed chickens but I dont really know what to believe these days. Tastes good though if it isn't in a oil bath 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting, as the rumours were you would have deformed chickens but I dont really know what to believe these days. Tastes good though if it isn't in a oil bath 

Do you think anyone would actually eat KFC if the reason they had to change the name was they were breeding mutant chickens, so different to real chickens that they weren't legally allowed to call them chickens?! :D

KFC claim they changed the name to get rid of the word "Fried" to make it sound healthier.

The real reason, I've heard, is that the state of Kentucky was broke so they trademarked the name. Which meant to keep it KFC would have had to pay a shitload of money. So they took the word out of their name. 

That might be a myth too, but it's a lot more believable than the mutant chickens :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Day off and I’ve been awake since 07:45, just can’t be arsed to get out of bed. Got a few things I need to do today but no motivation. Does anyone else spend a long time procrastinating when waking up instead of just shifting yer arse on up?

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Never set foot in a five guys before. Don’t know how it differs to other fast food restaurants. A quick search suggests that the nearest one to me is a 45 minute drive away, so I won’t be finding out in a hurry.

If you do go, take out a small loan and prepare for a bland burger. Instead, go to BK and get a bacon double XL with cheese and bask in its glory.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eh? What does it stand for now then?

Well I guess it still stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

But officially it stands for nothing. Their name is just "KFC"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Day off and I’ve been awake since 07:45, just can’t be arsed to get out of bed. Got a few things I need to do today but no motivation. Does anyone else spend a long time procrastinating when waking up instead of just shifting yer arse on up?

Every 6.30 weekday mate! Last time I had a day off I snoozed the alarm thinking i did it for 8 and did for 11 and messed up my whole day! 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I guess it still stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

But officially it stands for nothing. Their name is just "KFC"

So literally just Kay Eff Cee then. I never knew. 

27 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If you do go, take out a small loan and prepare for a bland burger. Instead, go to BK and get a bacon double XL with cheese and bask in its glory.

Im another in the never been to 5 guys camp

for me though , Burger King bacon double cheese burger are fast food heaven , never get people who’d rather have a McDonald’s over BK ....it’s like people who drink coke instead of Pepsi , they are just wrong 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The Amsterdam KFC in Amsterdam central is still "Kentucky fried chicken"

I don't think the state of Kentucky has trademarked that in the Netherlands. Trademarks are territorial. (Or at least I think it is).

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Im another in the never been to 5 guys camp

for me though , Burger King bacon double cheese burger are fast food heaven , never get people who’d rather have a McDonald’s over BK ....it’s like people who drink coke instead of Pepsi , they are just wrong 

I prefer 5 guys over BK burgers. The only problem is the price, if price dont bother you definitely check it out tone 

Yeah I like a BK burger, but can't agree that they're better than Five Guys.

Five Guys is a lovely burger, but for the price I want that shit served to me at a proper table in a proper restaurant.

I will make an argument for McDonald’s breakfast muffins. The double egg and cheese McMuffin is a god tier breakfast. They have got me through a lot of post night shift journeys home.

• Like 3

Â