General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Sorry Ruge - that's awful :( 

Hopefully as she is young she's strong enough to fight and recover.

Not to put a dampener on it, as I wish Ruge's cousin the best possible outcome, but I always think of Danny Baker's observation - you don't fight cancer. The doctors and the drugs fight it - you're the battleground. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not to put a dampener on it, as I wish Ruge's cousin the best possible outcome, but I always think of Danny Baker's observation - you don't fight cancer. The doctors and the drugs fight it - you're the battleground. 

Of course. I think being young and healthy can only aid that fight though. Although my wife's grandmother got pancreatic cancer when she was in her 90's. She went into hospice and we all thought "it won't be long now." 3 months later they kicked her out :D "You can't stay here in hospice this long!!" The tumor just shrank and went away - weirdest thing. Lived to 99!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I avoid KFC, years back I went to the one at The One Stop near the Villa ground, I went in and approached the counter, the girl behind the counter looked me in the eye and forcefully said "Did I arks you to step forward?". My response to this shitty piece of customer service, an apology and a step back. 

Perry Barr, innit? *sucks teeth*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Swearing at someone that's about to turn their back on you and prep your fast food takeaway?

That's a high stakes game!

Stakes? I think you'll find it was chicken 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You clearly are a dinosaur as the food is right in front of you in KFC! :mrgreen:

If that was at a sit down retsurant where i cant see the food then i would agree! 

Yep, that's me outed. I've actually never been in a KFC or tasted KFC.

Been in Macdonalds twice, most recently it turns out they've now got touch screen ordering. Had to get someone else to do it, I had the veggie burger thing, won't be rushing back. Never been in a Subway (the weird fat stink outside them is just heave inducing).

Old school chippies and cafes for me.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Been in Macdonalds twice, most recently it turns out they've now got touch screen ordering. 

They are great , you can customise your order and get them to take all the unhealthy stuff like gherkins and salad out your burger without the risk of the bloke taking your order forgetting 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They are great , you can customise your order and get them to take all the unhealthy stuff like gherkins and salad out your burger without the risk of the bloke taking your order forgetting 

customise your order?

you'll be hard work in the post brexit mad max dystopian future when we're reduced to eating the last of the east europeans, then eating the old, then finally that tin of borlotti beans at the back of the cupboard

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

customise your order?

you'll be hard work in the post brexit mad max dystopian future when we're reduced to eating the last of the east europeans, then eating the old, then finally that tin of borlotti beans at the back of the cupboard

I’ll be keeping 1 bullet in a gun for that day when my only choice for food is a tin of beans 

• Like 1

I do like a Subway breakfast once a week even though they're pretty rough, my problem is I've got to the point where I see my regular sandwich artist around town at least thrice a week and never know whether to acknowledge him or not.  I've been to the Slovakian sausage stall the past two Thursdays to avoid the awkwardness.

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, that's me outed. I've actually never been in a KFC or tasted KFC.

Been in Macdonalds twice, most recently it turns out they've now got touch screen ordering. Had to get someone else to do it, I had the veggie burger thing, won't be rushing back. Never been in a Subway (the weird fat stink outside them is just heave inducing).

Old school chippies and cafes for me.

Subway I agree worst. McDs yuck havent had that in years, i remember once seeing a advert of their chicken nuggets saying it was now "100% chicken" gets me thinking what the hell was it made from all the years before then? 

the only real junk food i eat these days is nandos 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Subway I agree worst. McDs yuck havent had that in years, i remember once seeing a advert of their chicken nuggets saying it was now "100% chicken" gets me thinking what the hell was it made from all the years before then? 

I'm not a big mcdonalds fan, but a hell of a lot of meat products aren't 100% meat. I'd wager McDonalds is one of the better fast food restaurants in that particular regard (I have no evidence for that, just an assumption)

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not a big mcdonalds fan, but a hell of a lot of meat products aren't 100% meat. I'd wager McDonalds is one of the better fast food restaurants in that particular regard (I have no evidence for that, just an assumption)

Well KFC is definitely modified chickens thats why they chicken was scrapped and they just called it KFC wasn't it? 

As for Mcds their burgers are absolutely gross. The only thing I sometimes fancy from mcds is a mcflurry 

Â