General Chat

Stevo985

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm outraged by the Peter Rabbit movie. No allergies or epipens in the original Beatrix Potter book. It's Edwardian, STOP TRYING TO 'MODERNISE' IT! 

I’m sure you’re familiar with the CBeebies peter rabbit show and the annoying soft rock that soundtracks any of the action sequences that take place.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m sure you’re familiar with the CBeebies peter rabbit show and the annoying soft rock that soundtracks any of the action sequences that take place.

Yep. It does have some redeeming features (the artwork is pretty good), so I can just about stand it. Ever seen the version the Americans get? As with Hollywood, all the 'bad' characters keep their original British voices, but Peter and his brave friends are all American. 

This new thing looks appalling, though. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. It does have some redeeming features (the artwork is pretty good), so I can just about stand it. Ever seen the version the Americans get? As with Hollywood, all the 'bad' characters keep their original British voices, but Peter and his brave friends are all American. 

This new thing looks appalling, though. 

Yeah the show looks good to be fair and the music aside, it’s ok. 

I didn’t know that about the US version but can’t say i’m too surprised.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Excuse me, the correct "nomenclature" is non-hominoid simian's.

Ruddy PC gone mad  - you can't even say "terminology" anymore without being accused of being a denominativist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Apparently certain people are outraged over a scene in the new Peter Rabbit film where an animated rabbit has berries thrown at him even though he is allergic to them....WOW.

I hope to god they never see a Wile E. Coyote cartoon or heads will roll.

Did you just assume the gender of the afflicted?  

How dare you. I am offended. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

My only experience of Kanye was when he played Glastonbury and it was on the TV , as I switched on he murdered some cover version (think it was Queen so he was already scraping the barrel before he even started) ... I had to switch it off it was dreadful

I don't doubt people love him  ..he's just not for me 

That Glastonbury set was a huge let down. 

When he came on, as Noel Gallagher rightly said, the first 30mins were as good as it gets. Then he went 'deep cut', tried to be too clever by wheeling out Bon Iver and then unleashed that God awful Queen cover. It was a massive missed opportunity. 

On record though he's untouchable. I don't care what people say, he's a genuine, modern day, musical genius. 

I guess it's to be expected at my age, but I just cannot 'get' rap/hip-hop. At all. Any of it. In true old person style, I do think 'it all sounds the same'. People keep saying, no you're missing the good stuff, here, cop a load of this... and I listen, and I hate it. Objectively, I'll accept that it has its own validity and musical merit. But inside, I'm still thinking that I pity anybody who thinks that this shit is music. Sorry, can't help it. 

FWIW, my parents said exactly the same thing about the 60s bands I grew up with. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

Yeah rap / hip hop doesn’t do it for me either , though I can still pretty much recite the words for “white lines “ verbatim all these later ...

Mike is about my parents age so I’m lucky in that sense in I can say I get the music my parents grew up with in their teens... more so than the music my own teens are listening to ( though tonyh jnr is getting into the Who in a big way ) 

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

Blimey, you're definitely going on the list now, Dave. :o

Darren, they're awful. Don't listen to @blandy, he's obviously as confused as you are :D

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm still thinking that I pity anybody who thinks that this shit is music. Sorry, can't help it.

I pity you for never experiencing the drop at an electronic dance gig, surrounded by gorgeous, scantily clad ladies and looking rather fab yourself, of course...

VeErtZH.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Darren, they're awful. Don't listen to @blandy, he's obviously as confused as you are

I think that @blandy and I are in Complete Control of ourselves.

And what you clearly just meant to say is that they don't for it for you, which is not a problem - I'm not going to force you to sit through all three records of Sandinista! :)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was just in the gym and saw this guy getting ready to have a shower then he brings out his tooth brush, toothpaste and mouthwash. I thought ok he would shower first then brush his teeth but no he started brushing his teeth then went for the shower. i must be in a small minority here but i always shower first then brush my teeth in the morning. 

I thought everyone did that! 

Â