General Chat

AVFCLaura

It's bloody mygraine!

Mi in english is my or mi with a short 'e' type sound, like millionaire. The french can suck my dingleberries.

They probably would but there currently on strike. :lol:

That their signature is better than they'res on that other Villa forum. Their stupid over there.
Good effort. But I'm afraid you got one correct.

Anyone with a knowledge of German fancy helping me out?

I'm trying to translate a letter (English into German) for a friend at work who wants to write to a distant German relative. I have a basic knowledge of German from A-level (three years ago now) and am struggling with certain parts. Firstly, they want to open the letter with 'This is your cousin Beth from England'. In a letter situation, I'm unsure how to put that. I've got 'Hier schreibt Ihre Kusine Beth aus England' but I'm not sure about it.

There are also smaller aspects, such as whether to use 'Sie' (I've decided to, being as they haven't been in touch in years apparently) and how to finish the letter, etc. At the moment I'm going with 'Mit besten Grüßen'.

Help would be appreciated, didn't want to start a new thread though!

im moving out to germany for my year abroad in september so should be able to help you out, unfortunately ive let the german get a bit rusty over the last month or so. "Hier schreibt Ihre Kusine Beth aus England" sounds pretty good, not really sure how else to put it. i think it is right to use 'Sie' yep, seeing as they are a distant relative. you could tell her to end it with 'Mit freundlichen Gruessen' or 'Herzliche Gruesse aus England', but what you have is equally good. any more questions just ask.

saw toy story 3 tonight, absolutely brilliant.

Did you cry ? Be honest :D

in a word, yes :lol:

I went to a zoo in Spain. Terrible place, but they had a great chimp. He used to knock on the window anytime someone passed by with a feeding bucket. He put on a show for everyone who watched him. He passed me out a blade of plant through a gap when the window met the wall of his house. When I pushed it back into him he took terrible offence and started sulking. Looking back and then looking away again in disgust as if he was throwing his eyes up to heaven. I came back to him later again and he and his friend were sitting together. When I arrived one of them looked up. I waved and he alerted his friend. Then when I started moving my head from side to side, I got a simulataneous face palm from both chimps. 22 years old and I got a huge kick out of it.

So sad though. The bear just walked around his cage. Same with the tiger, pacing the same ten yards over and over like he was demented. Horrible place. The chimp looked miserable aswell really. The saddest eyes I've ever seen.

Good story about the chimp :) Tis sad that they're so intelligent yet caged. You'd think that in this day and age the only way you could justify housing an animal would be to protect it's species; and even that is morally questionable. But to have animals on show for the public's amusement does seem to me more than a bit anachronistic; a bit P.T. Barnum.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â