General Chat

AVFCLaura

VT legend   Thom Yorke Makes headlines again 

Here’s just something you’re going to have to accept without explanation because apparently there is none: Thom Yorke is on the cover of an Iranian sex manual called Marital and Sexual Problems in Men.

Overheard the same person say:

"The thing about London is it's just too big. Whenever I go there I want to go the shard and then I can't go anywhere else in London because everything else is an hours drive away."

"Bristol's nice. It's worth visiting, they have cinemas and things"

• Like 2

On 26/11/2016 at 18:10, DK82 said:

Royal **** Mail.

Parcel due to be delivered today. Got an email at 12:30 to say it would arrive today. I stay in and wait (my sofa is right next to the front door and I can also see who is outside by opening the little curtain at the door window, so I do that.) Get one parcel (not tracked) at 2:30ish, then at 3:30 I get an email to say they tried to deliver my parcel but nobody was in.

I check the tracking number and it has a time of 3:30 as a failed delivery. I was watching Sky Sports at that time! Sat right by the door. 

**** lying privatised pricks.

I sent a very pissed off and angry email. 

Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. They came to the house but stopped at the postbox by the gate rather than walking two seconds up the path to the house to see if anyone was in. My car was on the drive too, but no. The lazy bastard left a note saying he tried to deliver it but no one was home. I was in all day and listening out for the door but he didn't even try. The bell-end could have even just left the parcel in the wood store if he wanted, they've done it before and we lived in the middle of nowhere at the time. Instead I had to wait till the next day and drive half an hour to the depot to pick it up myself. Pricks.

Edited by Ginko

I have to say, our postie's pretty good, looks after us.

But I believe that's because we're white. I've heard through someone that he said he likes his round because "there aren't many ***s I have to deliver to".

If I'd heard it myself I might have complained. Or I might complain if he pulls the 'you weren't in' trick.

@Stevo985 / @Ginko, asked about why it wasn't delivered and they said 'we tried at 8:10 in the morning;, which is odd considering I got an email at 12:30 saying it would be delivered that day and then at 3:30 got another saying delivery failed. Convinced it was too big and thus they didn't bring it and thought (because I usually leave something in the window asking for it to be left next door) that would be the case again. Pricks.

Oh and happy birthday @Ginko!

38 minutes ago, DK82 said:

@Stevo985 / @Ginko, asked about why it wasn't delivered and they said 'we tried at 8:10 in the morning;, which is odd considering I got an email at 12:30 saying it would be delivered that day and then at 3:30 got another saying delivery failed. Convinced it was too big and thus they didn't bring it and thought (because I usually leave something in the window asking for it to be left next door) that would be the case again. Pricks.

Oh and happy birthday @Ginko!

Yeah I was convinced our postie at the time couldn't be bothered carrying the parcels round with him so left them at the depot and did the red slips instead.

That was years ago. every postie I've had since then has been excellent.

Except @villarule123
He was crap

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Our postwoman is a fellow member of my running club. Never get any problems. 

I really feel like this needs a punchline for some reason, but I can't quite get it. I've come up with about twelve but none of them fit quite right.

"She's parcel to a bit of running is she?"

"When she wants to overtake you, do you letter or do you stamp that out?"

Hmm, I can't rest until this is addressed.

• Like 3

@DK82 the only thing I can think of is that they've either forgotten to take it out with them or it was misplaced by someone in the office. They might have said they tried to deliver it so it doesn't count as a failure. I won't say anymore than that incase someone I don't want is reading this :D

I don't get why any postie would not bother delivering a parcel that he has already in the van though. It takes up space and could easily just be a redelivery for another day. I try and get rid of every parcel at all costs with neighbours etc

@Stevo985 you wish I was still your postie 

My suggestions (though @Paddywhack certainly laid the groundwork):

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Our postwoman is a fellow member of my running club. Never get any problems...

- because whenever she wants to overtake me I always letter.

- but then again, she always was a bit parcel to me.

- and she's a really good runner, I've never once beaten her. She always pips me to the post.

- she always delivers 100%

• Like 1

I just seen that video with that Millwall fan teaching that very young kid swear words and the racist language used. Has to be the most despicable video I have ever seen. What absolute scum. What is going on with some people? This kid isn't going to have  a hope in hell in life 

On 11/29/2016 at 10:40, Ginko said:

My suggestions (though @Paddywhack certainly laid the groundwork):

- because whenever she wants to overtake me I always letter.

- but then again, she always was a bit parcel to me.

- and she's a really good runner, I've never once beaten her. She always pips me to the post.

- she always delivers 100%

We should get the mods in here to stamp out these ridiculous puns.

EDIT: Paddywhack already beat me with a stamp pun. I guess I'm late to the post.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Unbelievable.

So after the crap from Royal Mail over the weekend, I now have two missing parcels which were on the Island but then apparently delivered in London and not signed for.

351cms4.png

What an absolute **** up.

20 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Unbelievable.

So after the crap from Royal Mail over the weekend, I now have two missing parcels which were on the Island but then apparently delivered in London and not signed for.

351cms4.png

What an absolute **** up.

Don't forget to tip your postman at Christmas.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â