General Chat

Stevo985

24 cancellations by London Midland in the space of around 4 hours this evening. I'm getting one at 18:30 which isn't cancelled yet but I'm not holding out much hope as it has been cancelled the last 2 times I took it.

How do these jokers stay in business?

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

24 cancellations by London Midland in the space of around 4 hours this evening. I'm getting one at 18:30 which isn't cancelled yet but I'm not holding out much hope as it has been cancelled the last 2 times I took it.

We ought to privatise it so that competition ensures that they improve or are replaced.

Oh.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The X-city line has been a shit show this week. Drove today (luckily, as it turns out) as I was fed up of cancelled trains on the way home from work 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Today's weather is awful. Dark and hasn't stopped pissing it down all day. What a depressing day

My drive back down the A1 was horrendous this evening. Lashing down all the way, and didn't get above 60mph. I'm not supposed to get in this country, during the Winter. I need to get rich, and spend this time of the year in the sunshine. 

On 21/11/2016 at 11:14, Rob182 said:

I proposed to my girlfriend on Saturday. I don't post much on VT anymore, but I'd feel mean not letting you lovely people know my news!

I hope you asked her father for her hand in marriage first. 

On 22/11/2016 at 09:19, PieFacE said:

Well, did she say yes?!?

Yes, she said yes! After about 20 seconds of saying "I'm so shocked!".

@mjmooney No, I didn't ask her dad. I thought about it, but decided against it. In the end I thought I'd just look a bit silly, as there is not a chance in the world that he'd say no. I spoke to him on the phone on Sunday and he jokily asked why I didn't ask for permission. (As it turns out, he didn't ask for permission when asking her mom either!)

• Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 18:20, Rugeley Villa said:

The wife's mum has been diagnosed with emphysema today. 

Sorry to hear that pal. Horrible disease. 

Â