General Chat

Stevo985

12 hours ago, DK82 said:

I collect dead flies. Wondering if anybody has any rare flies they can send me?

All my flies go to Harry my resident house spider.  He's a big **** now.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'm Nicotine free for 2 weeks now and all my withdrawals are finally going. Alan Carr's book is amazing for anyone who wants to stop smoking. 

Well done bud, I'm on the Nicotine Gum, working down how many i have per day. Past all temptation for smoking cigs / rollies / e-cig, though hypocritically I fully intend to have the odd fat cigar here and there but not routinely, not daily.   

• Like 1

So my work have decided from April when our new leave starts that we have to have 75% of our annual leave booked by end of May, and if not done by July your boss will book your annual leave for you. Has anyone have something like this? Absolutely ridiculous how can I know practically my whole leave within a month for the year? 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So my work have decided from April when our new leave starts that we have to have 75% of our annual leave booked by end of May, and if not done by July your boss will book your annual leave for you. Has anyone have something like this? Absolutely ridiculous how can I know practically my whole leave within a month for the year? 

Technically I believe it's legal  ,employers can set the times that workers take their leave , but that's traditionally over say a Christmas close down of the company  ... however holiday would have been spelled out in your contract when you joined the business so they might be changing your terms of employment with this action  , thus it might be illegal

Probably one for Acas  , trouble is , most of your co-workers will just grumble and roll over rather than cause any trouble so don't be the one that gets hung out to dry (I've seen it happen and there's many a way to get around a constructive dismissal claim )

On 11/11/2016 at 14:22, DK82 said:

Surreal post alert.

Do slugs squeak or squeal? We have an infestation right now, they are getting in through a hole somewhere and making a mess of our carpet at night. So this morning I was up at 3am and caught a few. I grabbed one with some tissue and it was stuck under the door - and it made a weird squeaking noise - I kid you not.

Now I am wondering if I was just tired and going mad. :crylaugh:

Anybody?

slug_zpsfwvjorby.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If it's not in your contract then it's a change in your working conditions and should I believe be subject to a consultation period if nothing else. Possible it should be compensated.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Technically I believe it's legal  ,employers can set the times that workers take their leave , but that's traditionally over say a Christmas close down of the company  ... however holiday would have been spelled out in your contract when you joined the business so they might be changing your terms of employment with this action  , thus it might be illegal

Probably one for Acas  , trouble is , most of your co-workers will just grumble and roll over rather than cause any trouble so don't be the one that gets hung out to dry (I've seen it happen and there's many a way to get around a constructive dismissal claim )

@tonyh29And @TrentVilla Thanks for your advice chaps. I should have mentioned that I work for the NHS. Our trust was close to going bust and we were taken over a major trust calked royal free and they are absolutely shite employers.

they have inserted in the policy. Let me tell tone nhs staff are probably biggest moaners and the only people I know who kick off at this kind of things. So hopefully this will cause uproar and they reverse it's amend it. I mean 75% is ridiculous! If they said 50% of your leave I think that's fair and reasonable but this seems stupid.

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm Nicotine free for 2 weeks now and all my withdrawals are finally going. Alan Carr's book is amazing for anyone who wants to stop smoking. 

Do you just keep on smashing yourself in the face with it whenever you fancy a toke?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's common practice in a lot of places (Waitrose, for example, run something similar I believe) though they tend to be either places with a specific shutdown period (i.e. industrial) or retail environments where holiday periods present a problem.

As Tony says, I think that it's for employers to grant leave - you ask for it and they decide whether that's okay (acknowledging that they need to allow you the time to take your statutory/contractual leave).

If you want an answer on which to rely then I'd go and speak to an employment lawyer.

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Vince Clarke knowledge by any chance? :)

absolute 80's tonight on my way to the cinema played records by artists previously in  other bands.... the Assembly followed by Big Country ... got to love the 80's :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

absolute 80's tonight on my way to the cinema played records by artists previously in  other bands.... the Assembly followed by Big Country ... got to love the 80's :)

People moved from another band in to Big Country? :o;)

Blimey, they'll be going in to politics next. ;)

Edited by snowychap

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

People moved from another band in to Big Country? :o;)

Why you .....

40th anniversary of the Skids next year , I'm hopping  over to Belfast with a few mates to see Jobson strut his stuff :)

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Why you .....

40th anniversary of the Skids next year , I'm hopping  over to Belfast with a few mates to see Jobson strut his stuff :)

I spent a few minutes trying to think up something rude to say about that and then I realized that was bollocks.

Have fun. :thumb:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I spent a few minutes trying to think up something rude to say about that and then I realized that was bollocks.

Have fun. :thumb:

minutes ... you're losing your touch :)

Edited by tonyh29
Sneaked a your correction in before anyone noticed

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

tumblr_m5mxnsq9Ou1qze3m3.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

It's common practice in a lot of places (Waitrose, for example, run something similar I believe) though they tend to be either places with a specific shutdown period (i.e. industrial) or retail environments where holiday periods present a problem.

As Tony says, I think that it's for employers to grant leave - you ask for it and they decide whether that's okay (acknowledging that they need to allow you the time to take your statutory/contractual leave).

If you want an answer on which to rely then I'd go and speak to an employment lawyer.

Thanks Snowy ;)

Â