General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'll give you guys the full story in a bit but I think something very sinister went on. The lad involved is a relative of my wife, although they are technically not cousins they view each other as cousins. 

zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing to do at work today. I've entertained myself by making brilliant jokes with a cuddly toy shark that's on someone's desk.

So far I've told everyone that you can borrow money off him, he's a loan shark, I've touched it and pretended to get an 'electric shark' off it and I've moved it's mouth and said 'Heeeere's Johnny'...Shark Nicholson.

My colleagues are finding it hilarious, one even said they can't stand it anymore.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Nothing to do at work today. I've entertained myself by making brilliant jokes with a cuddly toy shark that's on someone's desk.

So far I've told everyone that you can borrow money off him, he's a loan shark, I've touched it and pretended to get an 'electric shark' off it and I've moved it's mouth and said 'Heeeere's Johnny'...Shark Nicholson.

My colleagues are finding it hilarious, one even said they can't stand it anymore.

If it's a nurse shark it will need quick access to the First Aid kit.

• Like 2

It would appear that the High Court have backed a local referendum and planning decision that St Ives in Cornwall can put a ban or a cap on the number of second homes in St Ives. Democracy in action. Hopefully this can be rolled out across all our local seaside towns and villages and resorts where people from outside the area are buying up properties, skewing the local house price, driving locals away with unaffordable rents and unattainable pricing and killing off the High Street as for 8 months of the year the place is a ghost town.
Hopefully the good people of Cornwall can stop the incomers wrecking their communities. If they can also stop the central government drive to merge them with Devon then they’ll have had some good results.
I know there’s an obvious risk and accusation to be made when ‘locals’ moan about this sort of thing. The reality on the ground is young adults with nowhere to live, surrounded by dead zones of empty £400,000 holiday lets.

Up the Cornish!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It would appear that the High Court have backed a local referendum and planning decision that St Ives in Cornwall can put a ban or a cap on the number of second homes in St Ives. Democracy in action. Hopefully this can be rolled out across all our local seaside towns and villages and resorts where people from outside the area are buying up properties, skewing the local house price, driving locals away with unaffordable rents and unattainable pricing and killing off the High Street as for 8 months of the year the place is a ghost town.
Hopefully the good people of Cornwall can stop the incomers wrecking their communities. If they can also stop the central government drive to merge them with Devon then they’ll have had some good results.
I know there’s an obvious risk and accusation to be made when ‘locals’ moan about this sort of thing. The reality on the ground is young adults with nowhere to live, surrounded by dead zones of empty £400,000 holiday lets.

Up the Cornish!

That's great news in my opinion. 

As part of my degree we had to research the make-up of a few sea side towns and roughly only 15% of children stay in their towns past college age due to low paying jobs and very expensive housing.

We also found that up to 30% of housing stock was in use for less than 50% of the year, due to "out of towners".  This puts financial stress on local business, because obviously they have less people to sell things/services to.  And we wonder why our seaside towns are dying :) 

Also worth pointing out the the vast majority of those unused houses were people from London, regardless of where we studied.  Ahh the inequality of cities raises it's head again.

So hopefully this can spread around the country.

• Like 1

An amateur player has killed a referee by headbutting him after being sent off. One moment of insanity by some idiot, and someone's life is over just like that. Somewhat morbid thoughts for a Friday afternoon, but it's easy to forget how frail human life is. :( 

An amateur Mexican footballer is on the run after allegedly head-butting and inadvertently killing a referee who gave him a red card.

Ruben Rivera Vazquez allegedly became incensed at his expulsion during a Sunday league match in Tulancingo, the second-biggest city in the state of Hidalgo. During his protestations, Vazquez head-butted referee Victor Trejo, who then fainted. Paramedics on site tried to revive the victim to no avail, and the alleged perpetrator fled in a pick-up truck after seeing the ref had suffered serious injury.

Surreal post alert.

Do slugs squeak or squeal? We have an infestation right now, they are getting in through a hole somewhere and making a mess of our carpet at night. So this morning I was up at 3am and caught a few. I grabbed one with some tissue and it was stuck under the door - and it made a weird squeaking noise - I kid you not.

Now I am wondering if I was just tired and going mad. :crylaugh:

Anybody?

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Don't watch this UFC but it's all over Facebook, so is this mcgregor bloke as big a knob head as he comes across?

There's a UFC thread just under this one ;)

9 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Anyone else feigning interest in Im a Celeb until the Lisa Snowdon shower scene ?   ............. anyone

Orla Jordan too.

judging by the dress she was wearing on the first day, she knows why she was booked.

On 13 November 2016 at 15:15, Jimzk5 said:

Don't watch this UFC but it's all over Facebook, so is this mcgregor bloke as big a knob head as he comes across?

Yep, and if I ever bump into him I will give him what for. He won't know what's hit him ;). Float like a bee and sting like a butterfly me.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â