General Chat

AVFCLaura

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i could watch lenny henry a few years back.

I think you must be the person who is least like me in the whole world, Ruge. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2016 at 20:49, villa4europe said:

I almost feel sorry for her, that desperate for fame and attention and extending her incredibly short and undeserved spot in the limelight that she spouts utter shit that she simply cannot believe to be true, what a sad depressing way to live your life, I bet when she's alone with her thoughts she goes to some proper dark places

I suppose being forced to think of ever more revolting and provocative things to say for a deeply-lucrative column in a right-wing rag has its downsides like any other form of employment, but I'm not actually going to pity her. She could always, you know, just STOP writing despicable shit for cash. 

6 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I think you must be the person who is least like me in the whole world, Ruge. 

But you both support Aston Villa, the ultimate determining factor. The two of you are peas in a pod.

Anyone else get a letter from sky through saying they are putting your bill up £4 a month?? This is the 3rd increase I have had in 6 months. I am bloody cancelling now its getting beyond greed now. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else get a letter from sky through saying they are putting your bill up £4 a month?? This is the 3rd increase I have had in 6 months. I am bloody cancelling now its getting beyond greed now. 

Yup, they've lost the Champions League, yet keep increasing the bills.They should be lowering it ffs. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yup, they've lost the Champions League, yet keep increasing the bills.They should be lowering it ffs.

Same with me, £2.50 increase. I'll give them a call...

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I saw an advert on tv where now they have these new boxes where you can record 3-4 things at once and now when you record things you can watch them on your tablet, mobile phone.

personally i dont care about this crap for the price increase, SKY are just greedy bastards had enough of them. 

fwiw I've got Virgin media, I don't have any pay sports channels, but a couple of months ago I phoned them and just told them I considered I was paying too much and was honestly assessing whether to stay or move so what could they do for me.

I've got the same deal I was on, some middling package of about 500 channels of which I watch about 4, other than I've now got a TIVO box for all that recording and pausing of TV, plus better broadband (ping test always comes in at 65mb or more) and they've dropped my bill from £70 to £50.

Phone / mobile phone / HD TV inc Tivo / broadband. 

I actually have no idea if that's any good! But it's £20 less than it was. It also turns out I've got a decent TV, but was previously watching rubbish channels through a rubbish digi box. Emily Maitlis in full HD now!

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Emily Maitlis 

is it worrying that she is a week younger than me and yet I thought she was far too old to get a "WB " comment from me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

is it worrying that she is a week younger than me and yet I thought she was far too old to get a "WB " comment from me

My taste has definitely 'matured', as much as twenty something totty is nice to look at in a totally superficial way, I find myself more interested in people closer to my age these days. Which is probably a very good thing!

I like to know that if I'm going to throw away my steady life and my marriage, it will be for someone that knows their way around a cooker, understands why cassettes needed pencils and has a basic grasp of household admin..

• Like 4

I used to have phone / BB and TV with Sky until recently.

Took my phone and BB to BT for £17.99 line rental, £5 for BB and £3 for BT sport on sky, app or online. Going through quidco though I get £140 cashback plus the £50 prepaid mastercard offer they have on their website.

I still have my TV with Sky, I have some sort of deal which gives me all the channels & boxsets apart from Sky sports and Movies for £16 per month.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

I used to have phone / BB and TV with Sky until recently.

Took my phone and BB to BT for £17.99 line rental, £5 for BB and £3 for BT sport on sky, app or online. Going through quidco though I get £140 cashback plus the £50 prepaid mastercard offer they have on their website.

I still have my TV with Sky, I have some sort of deal which gives me all the channels & boxsets apart from Sky sports and Movies for £16 per month.

Thats a really good deal you have there. I am thinking of just switching to BT but I have heard you dont get  a lot of channels and the internet is hit and miss.

I am paying £75 (will be £79 each month now with the increase) i get the phone, internet and sports (no HD) and no movie channels. I think I am getting ripped off. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a really good deal you have there. I am thinking of just switching to BT but I have heard you dont get  a lot of channels and the internet is hit and miss.

I am paying £75 (will be £79 each month now with the increase) i get the phone, internet and sports (no HD) and no movie channels. I think I am getting ripped off. 

Do what I did, sky for basic tv and sky+. BT for broadband and phone. You should be able to add BT sport to your sky package for £3. Make sure you go via quidco for the cashback. 

Call them and cancel and they are likely to offer you 40%-60% discount, according to money saving expert. Towards the higher end if you actually cancel and they contact you afterwards.

The large majority of people will accept the rise, so those that don't can get some tasty discounts.

I'm going to give it a go, but I shafted myself a while back by accepting a large discount on fiber and locking myself in for an 18 month contract. All the competitors best deals involve switching TV and broadband, so I can't play the "BT are offering this..." line.

Anyone got experience of any companies that would do a reliable damp survey?

My previous posts in here about the bricks on my house have made me think I may have a rising damp problem.
I don't think it's serious, but it's probably enough to make me want to get it sorted out. Found some more crumbly brick next to my front door so think I should sort it.

What I'm worried about is someone doing a "survey" and deciding that I need to have some massive job done and ripping me off. From what I've read, a lot of damp work isn't too expensive and not massive jobs.

Anyone got any experience or advice?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â