General Chat

AVFCLaura

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

their chocolate can jog on though , vile stuff

That reminds me of another thing that pisses me off that shouldn't (if only we had a thread for that...).  The aforementioned friend's missus thinks our cadburys is disgusting because their cadburys is disgusting.  She will not be told that they are 2 completely different products (owing to Hersheys insistence on the matter).  It shouldn't irritate me.  As a result she thinks Hersheys is the superior brand instead of the fetid arse residue that it is.

• Like 1

And as someone who is usually very careful with what they put into their face (excluding at 3am after a feed of beer...), I make an exception for the sheer rainbow of E numbers and high fructose corn syrup that comes from eating that packet or packets of jelly beans :)

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

American style is peanut butter , they seem to put it on bloody everything

An American style cafe I was in recently had a sandwich called 'The Elvis'.

Peanut butter, strawberry jam and bacon.

• Like 1

id try that to be fair

from my experience in yank land the food wasnt necessarily cheap there (well after the tax and tip which is one for the piss me off thread) but in terms of value for money...steak and chips would still be the £15-20 id expect to pay here, but it was a bigger steak and a better cut, and they heaped the chips on

i really struggled for american pancakes in canada, wasnt happy, also the one thing from an american breakfast and possibly the worst bit of american food going (worse than their shit chocolate) - biscuits and gravy - absolutely disgusting

and is the american cadburys thing true? over here the ingredient first on the list (meaning its the most of it) is milk, in america its sugar

I found American food to be quite nice, until we decided on our small tour of 'man vs food' joints to stop off at a place in Brooklyn. The menu was just names of African American celebrities. I ordered a barack Obama and was given a massive dessert waffle topped with maple syrup, topped with a whole chicken smothered in thick gravy.

Benefit of the doubt made me wonder of they'd struck gold with such a strange combination but they most definately hadn't. Saying that though, the locals were absolutely loving it. Still have the menu at home somewhere.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

wouldn't it be Canadian style with maple syrup ?  for me American style is peanut butter , they seem to put it on bloody everything

but I agree  with you   ....

I've never heard of peanut butter on pancakes.....strictly maple syrup. 

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that  obesity levels in the in America are declining slightly .. blowed if I know how though

I've always wondered if I moved there , when would the novelty of Dennys peanut butter cup pancake breakfast wear off :) 

Mate I doubt that, I know its one state but when I use to go Vegas you could get ice cream, chocolate cake and crap like that for breakfast. The funniest things I would see was these big man mountain men pile up their food on their plates at these buffets then they would order... a diet coke 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I've never heard of peanut butter on pancakes.....strictly maple syrup. 

I linked to a pancake dish with it on  a few posts later :) 

but  I also worded it badly as I was talking American style being peanut butter in generic terms rather than in pancake terms  ( as in maple syrup is to Canada as Peanut butter is to America )

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate I doubt that, I know its one state but when I use to go Vegas you could get ice cream, chocolate cake and crap like that for breakfast. The funniest things I would see was these big man mountain men pile up their food on their plates at these buffets then they would order... a diet coke 

Why's that strange? I'm not a big coke drinker, but I prefer the taste of diet (in fact "zero").

Just now, Demitri_C said:

if your going to go full sugar with ice cream cakes etc why not do it in style with normal coke?!

Because I don't like the flavour. I think I just said that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well I obviously know that, I wasnt talking about you specifically generally speaking

I also prefer the taste of low cal (Pepsi max) over full fat versions :D 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â