General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:
4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Being a 'hero' today and working despite having the flu, feel exhausted, can barely concentrate and keep going hot or cold. Moral of the story, workplace 'hero's' are mugs, I should have called in sick.

Xela doesn't like this.

Ha! :)

Maybe I am a fool for working when ill (I work from home if I'm really bad) but I do it because I pride myself on being available all the time to my clients except when I'm on holiday. Am I a mug? Maybe, but it is recognised financially :)

43 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Dammit Ruge, you messed up my joke!

haha i weren't sure whether it was a joke or not so i left it alone. i promise next time i'll play along.

you said your a rednal lad? amroth close sound familiar, because thats where ive been working. it backs on to a primary school.

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

hmm almost lunchtime fancy pancakes, question is do I go for British style pancakes or American?

Hate to admit it, but I prefer American style, with maple syrup. Either is good, though.

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hate to admit it, but I prefer American style, with maple syrup. Either is good, though.

wouldn't it be Canadian style with maple syrup ?  for me American style is peanut butter , they seem to put it on bloody everything

but I agree  with you   ....

Edited by tonyh29

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

wouldn't it be Canadian style with maple syrup ?  for me American style is peanut butter , they seem to put it on bloody everything

but I agree  with you   ....

I dont know I usually get maple syrup when you get american ones. I hardly ever see peanut butter when ordering american pancakes

I tried the whole american thing for breakfast in Mexico last summer.

I'd had american pancakes before, but I'd never done the whole pancakes, syrup, bacon, sausage etc all on the same plate.

I gotta say, it just works. In my head it shouldn't, but it does.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I tried the whole american thing for breakfast in Mexico last summer.

I'd had american pancakes before, but I'd never done the whole pancakes, syrup, bacon, sausage etc all on the same plate.

I gotta say, it just works. In my head it shouldn't, but it does.

I did a fairly standard American breakfast in an IHOP when I was over previously.  It's lovely.  But it's bloody enormous.  I don't think I eat again 'til 6pm.  Maybe that's the point?  I dunno, but I get the impression they do lunch in between too :o

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I did a fairly standard American breakfast in an IHOP when I was over previously.  It's lovely.  But it's bloody enormous.  I don't think I eat again 'til 6pm.  Maybe that's the point?  I dunno, but I get the impression they do lunch in between too :o

Slightly related, I saw a survey recently (I think it was on the BBC) that said a third of main courses on US menus contain more than your recommended daily calories. As in the total daily calories :D 

I'm sure I read somewhere that  obesity levels in the in America are declining slightly .. blowed if I know how though

I've always wondered if I moved there , when would the novelty of Dennys peanut butter cup pancake breakfast wear off :) 

Chocolate chips and white chocolate chips inside two buttermilk pancakes, topped with hot fudge and drizzled with peanut butter sauce. Served with two eggs and hash browns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links and a side of warm syrup

Edited by tonyh29

Staying on the American food theme.  A friend of mine is coming over from there on Friday and bringing with him some of these.  I'm not a fan of regular jelly beans but these things are just unbelievable; and only seasonal too.  As I say, it's the little things :D

jolly-rancher-jelly-beans-14oz-asst-flav

I always come back from the states with a stash of Twizzlers , Peanut butter and Strawberry Jam M&M's and a heap of Jelly beans (but the proper ones , not those ones :)  )

their chocolate can jog on though , vile stuff

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â