General Chat

AVFCLaura

I think the time has come to sell my house.

Moving in with she who shall not be named this year, but not into my house.

I've always wanted to hold onto the house and rent it out as a second income, but the maths just doesn't work on the place I'm in. It would end up costing me money to rent it out.

Shame really, but I should make a fair sum from selling it. A house 3 doors up from me went for 30 grand more than I paid for mine 5 years ago and as far as I can tell the houses are identical. I might even have enough to invest into another buy to let property, which would be ideal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a running joke. I got accused of talking about my girlfriend all the time on here (even though I wasn't :D).

I apologise if it offended you. I don't know if it did. 50/50 chance I guess.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a running joke. I got accused of talking about my girlfriend all the time on here (even though I wasn't :D).

I apologise if it offended you. I don't know if it did. 50/50 chance I guess.

See also VillaAjax's car. I think it was a Mustang wasn't it?... ;)

Just now, useless said:

It didn't offend me, I just thought you were being ultra defensive towards her identity or something. To be honest your always talking about 'She who shall not be named' Nothing wrong with that though, lol. Actually for ages I thought you and Bof were a couple.

I was joking matey

BOF and I are a couple. But it's an open relationship.

• Like 1

Well that's good to hear, if everyone's happy. I remember thinking it was quite brave to be so open about it on a football forum, where sometimes things can be quite macho if that's the right word.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've always wanted to hold onto the house and rent it out as a second income, but the maths just doesn't work on the place I'm in. It would end up costing me money to rent it out.

Shame really, but I should make a fair sum from selling it. A house 3 doors up from me went for 30 grand more than I paid for mine 5 years ago and as far as I can tell the houses are identical. I might even have enough to invest into another buy to let property, which would be ideal.

I presume you are aware of the 3% addition to SDLT on 2nd homes / buy to let properties passing on 1st April.

Although by the sound of it, it will still be your only house? I think then even though it is buy to let you will not have to pay the addition but id check to make sure

Just now, zak said:

I presume you are aware of the 3% addition to SDLT on 2nd homes / buy to let properties passing on 1st April.

Although by the sound of it, it will still be your only house? I think then even though it is buy to let you will not have to pay the addition but id check to make sure

It would be the only house I own, but obviously I'd be living elsewhere.

Yeah I was aware of the increase in stamp duty. I've not done the maths yet on the buy to let. I'd have to wait and see what I got for my house, what I was left with and whether it was worth me investing it in bricks and mortar or elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If there's VT couples going on, I demand Useless, no one else.

he's my fave <3 <3

But I will change his taste in music because frankly, it's **** appalling.

Still though.. <3 <3 <3

I can't compete with useless :(

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Congrats on moving in together... but have you finally met her family yet?!

On the subject of second homes, I'd like to be in a position in 18 months or so to buy a second property. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â