General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'm in the lucky position where on a dull day in the office I can simply pick up my phone and shout into it:

"what's that? you need a survey done and you need it now? well that's darned inconvenient ..... ok ok, I'll do it, I'm leaving now"

ha ha ha, of course, ha ha ha, there's nobody on the other end!

I'm home now.

I'm going to ring your office now and say you never showed for our appointment and spark a mass police hunt for you 

• Like 1

I'm in the lucky position where on a dull day in the office I can simply pick up my phone and shout into it:

"what's that? you need a survey done and you need it now? well that's darned inconvenient ..... ok ok, I'll do it, I'm leaving now"

ha ha ha, of course, ha ha ha, there's nobody on the other end!

I'm home now.

I'm going to ring your office now and say you never showed for our appointment and spark a mass police hunt for you 

can you ask them to leave the T20 cricket tickets for this evening in the usual hiding place  - in case I'm found alive

Glamorgan vs Gloucester

with complimentary fish n chips!

I was contemplating it but I went with a whole multi pack of mentos instead. Same affect on your anus but without the searing heat and risk of heart failure.

In the posh seats for day one of the Edgbaston test next week. Fancy purchasing either a tweed or a blue, linen jacket..... anyone recommend where might sell some good ones? Striking out atm

In Brum?

In the posh seats for day one of the Edgbaston test next week. Fancy purchasing either a tweed or a blue, linen jacket..... anyone recommend where might sell some good ones? Striking out atm

In Brum?
That'd be ideal yep

You got Harvey Nics, Selfridges, House of Fraser as your big guns, Marks to try it you ain't fussy, Muji, Hawes & Curtis and TM Lewin are more shirts but might be able to help?

I'd also recommend Roger Scott in Dudley, completely out the way but a very good establishment for suits and tailoring

Get onto this with some next day delivery.  You'll get years out of it - http://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/gant_rugger/navy-cotton-and-linen-blend-canvas-suit-jacket/552805

Next should be able to sort you out a reasonably priced pair of chinos and a shirt too.  Possibly shoes, but you'd be better looking at Office or somewhere for those I think.

Was in Office last week, thought it had gone down hill.

One of those shops where the women's section grows and grows and the men's section shrinks.

They had about 5 different "smart" shoes and that was it.

Ended up going to Schuh which was much better.

Has anyone on here ever eaten a whole ghost chilli?

I've put several in one curry and then scratched my eyelid by mistake. I've not eaten one raw by the stalk though. I probably could just about but it wouldn't be pleasant and I don't see the need to waste a good ghost!

One of those shops where the women's section grows and grows and the men's section shrinks.

She's a fan of Office.

Well she was until last week.

5 pairs of shoes went 'missing' at the local delivery depot (not Royal Mail).

Anyone here give blood? I'm going in a few weeks for the first time and I'm terrified. I felt lightheaded and sick after having a blood test, I don't know whether I can cope with half a litre of blood.

Something I've always said I will do but haven't through fear. Advice?

Anyone here give blood? I'm going in a few weeks for the first time and I'm terrified. I felt lightheaded and sick after having a blood test, I don't know whether I can cope with half a litre of blood.

It's something I'd love to be able to do because I know for a fact I'd take somebody else's if I needed it, but I think I'd vomit or pass out.

It's one of the reasons I registered as an organ donor, I feel it's a fair alternative.

I take quitea few bloodsamples every week. I've never experienced people getting ligtheaded or sick from that, unless they are afraid of needles or get sick from seeing blood. Which is perfectly normal by the way, got a slight fobia of needles myself. For all I know, people might experience it without out having issues with what I mentioned earlier, just not in my experience.

It's quite normal to feel a bit iffy after giving blood though; ligtheaded, bit dizzy, slight nauseus(spelling?). You might feel worse or the same as you did after giving the blood sample. I'ts very subjective.

Best advice I have is, don't look. And ask for local anaesthetics if you have issues with the needles. Most importantly, speak with the staff, tell them of your fears. They're the experts and will most likely accommdate your needs and have some good advices. You'll most likely sit in a comfortable chair, under supervision and get something to drink afterwards, and a price! If you're starting to feel sick they can always stop the "transfusion".

If you're convinced you're going to have a bad experience you might want to reconsider, it's nothing wrong with that. And you shouldn't force yourself into doing it.

However, speak with the staff first. Best of luck, it's a great thing that you want to do!

PS: Not an expert in anyway, just my two cents. And Paddywack; great! Something everyone should do unless they got a personal or religious belief that tells them otherwise.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â