General Chat

AVFCLaura

What's people's opinions on closers at an interview? The recruitment agency are really hot on them but I feel so cheesy doing them. Anyone who interviews got an opinion or anyone really? :D

This contains everything you need to know

For example:

jobinttip_1.jpg

Fat former defender in refuse receptacle.

What's people's opinions on closers at an interview? The recruitment agency are really hot on them but I feel so cheesy doing them. Anyone who interviews got an opinion or anyone really? :D

What the actual **** are "openers and closers?" what a crock of shit. Be yourself -provide an example to evidence every claim you make about yourself and most importantly RELAX. 

Oh and don't listen to dickhead recruitment consultants. 

One final question, how many questions at the end is good/too many?

Depends on how you've interviewed up to that point. Read the room. I've had interviews where we've overrun chatting to a candidate we really liked and others where finishing 15 mins early was too long spent in that persons company. 

CHILL THE **** OUT and stop over thinking things. 

• Like 1

What I used to do was take a folder with me with my CV and stuff in.

At the back of the folder put a list of questions I'd like to ask.

These can be real, or absolute nonsense. it doesn't matter.

When they ask "Do you have any questions?", you just turn to that sheet, give it a quick scan and either ask a genuine question, or just say "no thank you, I think we've covered everything"

It'll look like you've done your research in coming up with questions even if you don't want to ask anything.

Had a waitress at the bar I work at ask me to tell her how much change she should give a customer if the check was $22.68 and the customer gave her $25.00. She said she wasn't good at math.

Another waitress ordered a Tanqueray margarita. She didn't know the difference between a margarita and a martini. Brutal.

I thought tills worked out the change for you these days.

not only that but a few of the restaurants I've visited in the US kindly work out the tip they suggest you leave for you  as well .. none of this 10% English malarkey , they kindly show you 15% , 20% and 25% so you can choose

When they ask "Do you have any questions?", you just turn to that sheet, give it a quick scan and either ask a genuine question, or just say "no thank you, I think we've covered everything"

It'll look like you've done your research in coming up with questions even if you don't want to ask anything.

You'd be surprised how many people I've interviewed over the years whose only question is " If I get the job when would the next pay rise be"

jesus christ just do the **** interviews man.

if you're a douche they'll hire you, if you're a normal person with a personality, you haven't got the job.

it bodes well for him then :D

• Like 2

Imagine your interview is an exam and prepare for it as you would revise. Practise answering all the likely question. Write down all your skills and examples in bullet points and take it with you in case nerves get the better of you and forget how to answer.

The more prepared you are the less nervous you will be and the more you will show that that you made an effort. Also make sure you let them see your personality and how you would fit in. (Unless you're a tossed then pretend to be someone else!).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I've always done this too. The small folder I take in with me is also a great way to grab a few seconds to think.

Good luck Stefan.

My friend was on holidays with his cousin, both of them single, was their last night in Crete and his cousin had gone home with some Russian, he was in the Irish pub they'd been drinking in all week after hours, when the barmaid proposed a devil's three way with the other bar man. He flat out refused, it was 4am, he was pretty drunk. Think weighing up all the factors I'd definitely have considered it if I was pissed out of my mind.

*the two lads would just be with her, not each other.

Edited by Folski

Good luck Stefan.

My friend was on holidays with his cousin, both of them single, was their last night in Crete and his cousin had gone home with some Russian, he was in the Irish pub they'd been drinking in all week after hours, when the barmaid proposed a devil's three way with the other bar man. He flat out refused, it was 4am, he was pretty drunk. Think weighing up all the factors I'd definitely have considered it if I was pissed out of my mind.

*the two lads would just be with her, not each other.

Their willies were bound to touch at some point and that might make him gay ... Tell him he dodged a bullet there ...

My father in law died very very unexpectedly last week. He was 48, no sign of illness, went to sleep for an afternoon nap, had a heart attack and never woke up.

It is a very close family so everyone is obviously devastated. Over the last few months he and I had just built an extention on our house.

He was a carpenter by trade but turned his hand to pretty much everything, only trades we had in was an electrician and a plumber.

He was a great man and will be sorely missed.

• Like 3

My father in law died very very unexpectedly last week. He was 48, no sign of illness, went to sleep for an afternoon nap, had a heart attack and never woke up.

It is a very close family so everyone is obviously devastated. Over the last few months he and I had just built an extention on our house.

He was a carpenter by trade but turned his hand to pretty much everything, only trades we had in was an electrician and a plumber.

He was a great man and will be sorely missed.

Fack sorry to hear man ....48 is no age at all anymore ....goes to show live everyday as you never know when your number will be called 

• Like 1

Finishing an email with "... or does it vary depending on the below jobs?".

I read it back afterwards.  Glad there were no typos put it that way.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â