General Chat

AVFCLaura

The BBC have remade The Clangers and amazingly they've not cocked it up. The new version isn't crappy CGI and it sounds like they've got Michael Palin doing the narration. Wonderful stuff. :D

• Like 2

The BBC have remade The Clangers and amazingly they've not cocked it up. The new version isn't crappy CGI and it sounds like they've got Michael Palin doing the narration. Wonderful stuff. :D

Brilliant, I need something new to watch now Game of Thrones has finished.

• Like 4

Brilliant, I need something new to watch now Game of Thrones has finished.

Try "Suits", it's great.

"The Strain" is decent too

Whatever happened to the paperless office?

I've got no paper on my desk at work or at home.

Snap, I don't even have a pen at work, my handwriting is terrible and I can type a hell of a lot faster than I can write so when I'm at work I just keep word open incase I need to take any quick notes

Does anyone else ever get irrational bouts of fear?

I think I might have **** my brain up with too many horror films and books when I was younger, every now and again I get the feeling that I'm going to walk into a room and their will be some little twisted demon standing in the corner staring at me or a ghost or something.

Like just now I took the bin bags out and just as I opened the door I had this feeling just for a split second that there was going to be something waiting for me at the top of the stairs, I pushed on through my fears and even when I walked back into my flat I thought 'theres going to be a **** ghost or something truely terrifying waiting in the living room for me when I walk in there'

Its truely strange because these feelings last a matter of seconds but every now and again they happen quite frequently and the even stranger thing is that I don't believe in ghosts and **** demons and shit like that, I think my brain is ****

Have a few interviews in Dublin next week over 3 days, I'd be coming up from Kerry which takes about 3.5-4hours, basically was thinking of asking my friend could I stop on his couch, he's just moved in with his girlfriend & is off at the moment as he's left his job & starts his new one in about 2 weeks. His girlfriend is very good friends with mine, but they've just moved in, is a bit cheeky to ask can he put me up on the couch, a night, or would it be ok to ask him to put me up all 3? I'm thinking I'd nearly rather just get the hotel but feel like if I'm up there I'll have to meet em anyway...

Doing something during lunch time that made me feel like an utter arsehole. Driving up to a set of traffic lights (you can go straight or right) and there's 1 car stopped at the lights with no indicators on (so obviously they're going straight ...). The lights go green and the car doesn't budge because there are cars coming the other way and the person actually wants to turn right. Me, all put out by a whole 2 seconds and having to drive around the inside of them goes off on a disproportionate fit of pathetic rage with an angry face + a free profanity, only to be met by a genuinely apologetic smile and a wave once they had realised what they had done. Man did I feel 2 inches tall :-(  I'll take the lesson well learned. Never be that guy.

• Like 1

No matter how much the TV ads insist that IKEA is pronounced "Ick-ay-ya", they simply cannot make the British stop saying "Eye-kee-ya".

It's an acronym, so I say pronounce it whichever way is suitable in the language you speak. I say the former in Norwegian (as in Swedish) and the latter in English.
  • Like 1

Doing something during lunch time that made me feel like an utter arsehole. Driving up to a set of traffic lights (you can go straight or right) and there's 1 car stopped at the lights with no indicators on (so obviously they're going straight ...). The lights go green and the car doesn't budge because there are cars coming the other way and the person actually wants to turn right. Me, all put out by a whole 2 seconds and having to drive around the inside of them goes off on a disproportionate fit of pathetic rage with an angry face + a free profanity, only to be met by a genuinely apologetic smile and a wave once they had realised what they had done. Man did I feel 2 inches tall :-(  I'll take the lesson well learned. Never be that guy.

The-simpsons-achtergronden-the-simpsons-

• Like 1

I had a girl at work genuinely confused today when I told her that baby pigeons don't exist, she said 'of course they do' I said when was the last time you saw a baby pigeon flying down the road, she couldn't figure it out bless her

My guts have been in turmoil all afternoon, I had fish and chips from the canteen at work for lunch and that's all that I can put it down to.

Me and fish don't get on great at the best of times, it makes my mouth itch really **** bad, I think it's the batter or something like that, 4 shits I've had this afternoon, like not just a couple of nuts either I'm talking a pot full of brown water and then full shits after that

• Like 1

People keep throwing litter in my fronts and back garden. There is a public bin perhaps 10m from the front of my house. I get pizza boxes and beer cans mostly.

Why would you do that? I can't comprehend any reality where I would do that. It might sound daft but it's invasive having pizza boxes thrown into your back garden (that's not a euphemism).

• Like 2

count yourself lucky, at the back of mine there is a mattress, christmas tree and several gas cannisters, people stop off at the back of mine to take a shit (thats no lie, I have caught about 10 people in the last 12 months honking out a dirt snake) and they are the polite ones, the others just piss up our door.

I live on the high street there are 2 pubs within a 90 second walk from mine, thats why I always keep a stash of rotten eggs to hurl at the words removed from the window

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â