General Chat

AVFCLaura

I do actually have one attractive lesbian friend on FB (and in real life). She's no longer young, mind.

Edited by mjmooney

I know there are valid reasons to have it but 99.9% of it is absolute garbage, I'm glad I don't have a Facebook account

What you see on Facebook is mostly controllable by you.

If your feed is 99.9% garbage then that's your own fault.

• Like 1

in 2014 Glen's Vodka was the second best selling spirit in the UK, after Smirnoff red.

:huh:

I imagine most of that was bootleg or counterfeit too.

Edited by Brumerican

I know there are valid reasons to have it but 99.9% of it is absolute garbage, I'm glad I don't have a Facebook account

How do you stop the endless timehop shite?

I just hate the general facebook culture, I signed up to it years and years ago for about 3 weeks and then disabled my profile, I re-activated my account a few years ago purely as a way to get in touch with my flat mate whilst he was abroad for a month, within 10 minutes of re-activating it I had 4 friend requests (3 from people who I barely know) I deleted every friend that I had on there, apart from my flat mate, I then had about 5 text messages from people asking if I had joined facebook.

"hide all" from Timehop

Or "hide all" from whoever it is that is posting them.

I just hate the general facebook culture, I signed up to it years and years ago for about 3 weeks and then disabled my profile, I re-activated my account a few years ago purely as a way to get in touch with my flat mate whilst he was abroad for a month, within 10 minutes of re-activating it I had 4 friend requests (3 from people who I barely know) I deleted every friend that I had on there, apart from my flat mate, I then had about 5 text messages from people asking if I had joined facebook.

You can change your settings so that nobody can request to be your friend. You have to request it from them.

The rest of your problems are just problems with your friends :)

"hide all" from Timehop

There is no such option on timehop posts. Even when there was, it didn't work. However I've just logged in and there are no timehop posts on my wall so hopefully they've fixed it.

"hide all" from Timehop

There is no such option on timehop posts. 

Timehop_zpsbghyl5mc.jpg

Facebook appear to have implemented their own version of Timehop now anyway so I imagine it will disappear pretty soon.

I guess that might be a bad thing if you can't hide the replacement

I hate facebook now.

My newsfeed isn't photographs of friends or status updates anymore, it's just a giant mess of shared videos, adverts, meme's, news articles, games, posts from ladbible (or some other shite page, posting age old vids/pics) and usually the odd bit of racism from some scumbag from school.

I know I can block things I don't want to see, but I'm pretty sure there would be nothing left of my newsfeed then anyway.

• Like 2

I use it a lot less than I used to, but it's still useful.

And I have family from USA to Australia who I'd probably never see again if it wasn't for Facebook, which is probably the main reason I use it. If it was just the friends I see all the time I probably wouldn't use it

• Like 1

I use it a lot less than I used to, but it's still useful.

And I have family from USA to Australia who I'd probably never see again if it wasn't for Facebook, which is probably the main reason I use it. If it was just the friends I see all the time I probably wouldn't use it

That's true, luckily for me though I don't like my relatives that live abroad.

I used Facebook a hell of a lot at secondary school, but began to use it less and less at college and hardly ever use it now.

It now is just one big **** of things, posts not showing up in the correct order, those annoying advert things that someone clicks on them just post all over your wall and people liking some shit from some shitty **** page like the Lad Bible.

Again, just block stuff you don't like. Next time you see something from lad bible, just "hide all" and you'll never see anything from them ever again.

Or block the people who post annoying stuff.

I keep my facebook friends list down to about 250 people. But I reckon there's only about 50 who I haven't blocked.

My feed is now generally stuff that I want to see.

One day I logged on to facebook, look around for a bit and thought to myself 'do I really care about any of this?'. The answer was no, so I deleted my account.

I'm pretty sure that action has put me on a list of 'undesirables' on some computer in silicon valley, ready to be acted upon when FaceGoogle McMicroStarbuck wins the 2050 global presidency.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â