General Chat

AVFCLaura

A few years back there a fella a few years younger than me started playing soccer with us, hes what 21, I'm 26. I knew him with years because he was friends with my cousin since school but since he started playing football with us I'd know him a lot better. Anyway we were going paint balling as a team there last summer and he couldn't afford to go because he'd no work, was only €20, so I said I'd pay for him give it back whenever. The odd time before this, maybe once or twice he had asked me would I spot him for soccer, €3.50 to use the astro. Then we started getting indoor soccer going and I was arranging it, and maybe once every 3/4 weeks he'd say will u pay for me, so instead of looking for someone else I'd just pay the €3. Now, I'm on a good wage for someone my age and wouldn't care about giving anyone that kind of cash, I've also clicked a lot of big money horse bets in the last 2 years, and am far from short of a few pounds.

Around Christmas we were talking about some horses, and he asked me would I do a bet for him, I did, the horse won, he asked would I throw the winnings on another horse, he won, I gave him the cash minus my initial stake, the same day I won about €950. So I headed for the pub, he joined me to collect his winnings, I bought him a drink and one for another lad in the pub who I was talking to about horses that I know reasonably well. The other lad then bought a round for the 3 of us, then my friend headed away, despite being bought 2 drinks, and winning about 60 quid. I bought the next round and said it was from my friend as I was genuinely embarrassed in front of the other fella I know.

Since Christmas he's asked me a few times to pay for soccer for him, I haven't though, I've just been dodging it. After losing all his money over the first two days of Cheltenham he asked would I give him €2 to have a bet in the bumper on the Wednesday I had it in change and gave it to him. I had a text asking would I give him €20 on the Thursday, but I didn't respond and when I met him I just said my phone was in car, and he'd got the money off his mom so was ok. Then he text me last night asking would I be able to "spot" him to go to soccer, I just didn't text back. I genuinely like the lad and he's good craic but I can't be funding him either, any suggestions?

He must be very good craic. I think it's not on him borrowing like this. Either he's taking advantage, and thinks you're a dope, or he doesn't realise the pattern, or he can rationalise it because you have the money to spare and he doesn't feel bad about it. I'd guess the last one. Rev probably has it right. Tell him yeah here you go, but this is the last time. Can't keep spotting you like this. You're not that good at soccer.

A few years back there a fella a few years younger than me started playing soccer with us, hes what 21, I'm 26. I knew him with years because he was friends with my cousin since school but since he started playing football with us I'd know him a lot better. Anyway we were going paint balling as a team there last summer and he couldn't afford to go because he'd no work, was only €20, so I said I'd pay for him give it back whenever. The odd time before this, maybe once or twice he had asked me would I spot him for soccer, €3.50 to use the astro. Then we started getting indoor soccer going and I was arranging it, and maybe once every 3/4 weeks he'd say will u pay for me, so instead of looking for someone else I'd just pay the €3. Now, I'm on a good wage for someone my age and wouldn't care about giving anyone that kind of cash, I've also clicked a lot of big money horse bets in the last 2 years, and am far from short of a few pounds.

Around Christmas we were talking about some horses, and he asked me would I do a bet for him, I did, the horse won, he asked would I throw the winnings on another horse, he won, I gave him the cash minus my initial stake, the same day I won about €950. So I headed for the pub, he joined me to collect his winnings, I bought him a drink and one for another lad in the pub who I was talking to about horses that I know reasonably well. The other lad then bought a round for the 3 of us, then my friend headed away, despite being bought 2 drinks, and winning about 60 quid. I bought the next round and said it was from my friend as I was genuinely embarrassed in front of the other fella I know.

Since Christmas he's asked me a few times to pay for soccer for him, I haven't though, I've just been dodging it. After losing all his money over the first two days of Cheltenham he asked would I give him €2 to have a bet in the bumper on the Wednesday I had it in change and gave it to him. I had a text asking would I give him €20 on the Thursday, but I didn't respond and when I met him I just said my phone was in car, and he'd got the money off his mom so was ok. Then he text me last night asking would I be able to "spot" him to go to soccer, I just didn't text back. I genuinely like the lad and he's good craic but I can't be funding him either, any suggestions?

He must be very good craic. I think it's not on him borrowing like this. Either he's taking advantage, and thinks you're a dope, or he doesn't realise the pattern, or he can rationalise it because you have the money to spare and he doesn't feel bad about it. I'd guess the last one. Rev probably has it right. Tell him yeah here you go, but this is the last time. Can't keep spotting you like this. You're not that good at soccer.

I think that is it to be fair and before Christmas he had some work and bought me a few drinks and such. Ya I don't want to make it awkward but at the same time can't keep forking out, like I said it's small money but at same time all adds up.

Edited by Folski

Barclays are ending their sponsorship of the Premier League after 15 years.

(Boring thread?)

Probably chasing more money that Barclays were willing to pay, expect a huge deal to be announced soon
...from the middle east no doubt

Woke up this morning to a woman from across the road knocking on my door at 6.30... "I was putting the bins out and I've noticed someone has smashed your car windows".

Some little prick has smashed the back passenger window of my car and the front passenger window of my girlfriend's car.

I wish I had a security camera at the front of my house!

Something similar happened to a friend of mine a few weeks back.

He'd just moved into his new flat in a pretty nice area of Leamington. 

Someone keyed his car. And I don't mean a quick slash down the side. The little word removed keyed every single panel on the car. Deep, winding gouges.

My mate said he would have thought it was personal if it wasn't the fact he'd just moved in and didn't know anyone.

Just people deliberately being words removed

Something similar happened to a friend of mine a few weeks back.

He'd just moved into his new flat in a pretty nice area of Leamington.

Someone keyed his car. And I don't mean a quick slash down the side. The little word removed keyed every single panel on the car. Deep, winding gouges.

My mate said he would have thought it was personal if it wasn't the fact he'd just moved in and didn't know anyone.

Just people deliberately being words removed

I just don't understand the mind set of people.

Just been to Morrison's.

Paid at the self service checkout. Asked for £30 cash back.

Reached for it and pulled out £40. At first I thought sweet! Its given me £10 extra.

But then the till spat out my £30. So this £40 must have been whoever was there before me.

Bloody handed it in didn't I?

Idiot

I'd have done the same. 

• Like 1

Just been to Morrison's.

Reached for it and pulled out £40. At first I thought sweet! Its given me £10 extra.

But then the till spat out my £30. So this £40 must have been whoever was there before me.

Idiot

Good karma.

I found £30 on the stairwell at work a few months ago, handed it in to reception. No idea if anyone claimed it but felt i did the right thing.

Just been to Morrison's.

Idiot

You're a good egg and I salute you for it.

It's very easily done, leaving cash back at a self service till. So much so I didn't learn my lesson the first 3 or 4 times I did it.

Edited by Paddywhack

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â