General Chat

AVFCLaura

I recall going in the Greyhound, and seeing a man dressed as a lion, dancing with a man dressed as a nun, on a pool table. After the match, I remember two Leeds fans stopped, shook hands with everyone, and wished Villa luck, against Liverpool in the FA Cup Semi-Final.  

I was 8 and having sex with troons real mom whilst my identical twin brother (roy) was having sex with stevo who was pretending to be troons mom so he could have sex with me.

BOOM I WIN! Get me the cordial, it's time for a drink B)

I was 8 and having sex with troons real mom whilst my identical twin brother (roy) was having sex with stevo who was pretending to be troons mom so he could have sex with me.

BOOM I WIN! Get me the cordial, it's time for a drink B)

Don't be silly, my mother was away on business that weekend.

• Like 1

A few years back there a fella a few years younger than me started playing soccer with us, hes what 21, I'm 26. I knew him with years because he was friends with my cousin since school but since he started playing football with us I'd know him a lot better. Anyway we were going paint balling as a team there last summer and he couldn't afford to go because he'd no work, was only €20, so I said I'd pay for him give it back whenever. The odd time before this, maybe once or twice he had asked me would I spot him for soccer, €3.50 to use the astro. Then we started getting indoor soccer going and I was arranging it, and maybe once every 3/4 weeks he'd say will u pay for me, so instead of looking for someone else I'd just pay the €3. Now, I'm on a good wage for someone my age and wouldn't care about giving anyone that kind of cash, I've also clicked a lot of big money horse bets in the last 2 years, and am far from short of a few pounds.

Around Christmas we were talking about some horses, and he asked me would I do a bet for him, I did, the horse won, he asked would I throw the winnings on another horse, he won, I gave him the cash minus my initial stake, the same day I won about €950. So I headed for the pub, he joined me to collect his winnings, I bought him a drink and one for another lad in the pub who I was talking to about horses that I know reasonably well. The other lad then bought a round for the 3 of us, then my friend headed away, despite being bought 2 drinks, and winning about 60 quid. I bought the next round and said it was from my friend as I was genuinely embarrassed in front of the other fella I know.

Since Christmas he's asked me a few times to pay for soccer for him, I haven't though, I've just been dodging it. After losing all his money over the first two days of Cheltenham he asked would I give him €2 to have a bet in the bumper on the Wednesday I had it in change and gave it to him. I had a text asking would I give him €20 on the Thursday, but I didn't respond and when I met him I just said my phone was in car, and he'd got the money off his mom so was ok. Then he text me last night asking would I be able to "spot" him to go to soccer, I just didn't text back. I genuinely like the lad and he's good craic but I can't be funding him either, any suggestions?

A few years back there a fella a few years younger than me started playing soccer with us, hes what 21, I'm 26. I knew him with years because he was friends with my cousin since school but since he started playing football with us I'd know him a lot better. Anyway we were going paint balling as a team there last summer and he couldn't afford to go because he'd no work, was only €20, so I said I'd pay for him give it back whenever. The odd time before this, maybe once or twice he had asked me would I spot him for soccer, €3.50 to use the astro. Then we started getting indoor soccer going and I was arranging it, and maybe once every 3/4 weeks he'd say will u pay for me, so instead of looking for someone else I'd just pay the €3. Now, I'm on a good wage for someone my age and wouldn't care about giving anyone that kind of cash, I've also clicked a lot of big money horse bets in the last 2 years, and am far from short of a few pounds.

Around Christmas we were talking about some horses, and he asked me would I do a bet for him, I did, the horse won, he asked would I throw the winnings on another horse, he won, I gave him the cash minus my initial stake, the same day I won about €950. So I headed for the pub, he joined me to collect his winnings, I bought him a drink and one for another lad in the pub who I was talking to about horses that I know reasonably well. The other lad then bought a round for the 3 of us, then my friend headed away, despite being bought 2 drinks, and winning about 60 quid. I bought the next round and said it was from my friend as I was genuinely embarrassed in front of the other fella I know.

Since Christmas he's asked me a few times to pay for soccer for him, I haven't though, I've just been dodging it. After losing all his money over the first two days of Cheltenham he asked would I give him €2 to have a bet in the bumper on the Wednesday I had it in change and gave it to him. I had a text asking would I give him €20 on the Thursday, but I didn't respond and when I met him I just said my phone was in car, and he'd got the money off his mom so was ok. Then he text me last night asking would I be able to "spot" him to go to soccer, I just didn't text back. I genuinely like the lad and he's good craic but I can't be funding him either, any suggestions?

Just tell him enough's enough.

You shouldn't have to buy his friendship.  Just tell him things are a bit tight financially your end and you can't keep paying for him to have a social life.  

• Like 1

I'd spot him this time, but maybe say something like "I've spotted you a LOT in the past few months. Glad to have you playing but I'm not going to keep paying for you forever."

Try and be polite, but make him realise you've noticed. He probably thinks he's getting away with it, or maybe doesn't even realise how often he does it. You need to let him know without being a dick about it.

Edit: yeah what Rev said is a good way to put it. Pay this time, but let him know you won't do it forever.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â