General Chat

AVFCLaura

Wife and kids still away so went out with a mate last night for a beer ..which ended with me finishing the last beer in the fridge at 7:15 this morning

got to the office around 9:30 this morning  after a shower and couple of mile walk  to work .... surprisingly nobody seemed to notice that I was rather the worse for wear

not sure if that means I always look rough  or that I have amazing superhero like powers

The quality street and hendricks are both open. Two long day shifts at work with lazy colleagues. Huge argument with the missus today which has left me close to **** her off. Think i deserve a tot. Hail to the gin!

agressive self plasure session aftermath

That's going to be the title of my new album. 

You give your photo albums titles? :)

Indeed. I've just started a new one. Selfies of sadness, after cutting remark from VT buddy.  :(

• Like 2

Birmingham named 'one of the top 10 cities in the world'

Birmingham has been named one of the top 10 cities in the world by Rough Guide.

The UK city, which is as famous for spawning the likes of Ocean Colour Scene, Duran Duran, UB40 and Black Sabbath as it is for its 'balti triangle', has beaten the likes of Paris, Rome and Milan to make it on to the travel handbook company's list of best cities.

Its 'creative hotspots' get a particular namecheck - from the old industrial district of Digbeth, where vintage shops and street food stalls have begun to appear, to the Bird’s Custard Factory, with its vintage kilo sales and live music performances.

But it's also famed for having the largest public library in Europe, for being the youngest city in Europe and for having more canals than Venice - which didn't make it onto the list.

In pictures: World's top ten cities
1 of 10
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• birmingham.jpg
  • Wellington-New-Zealand.jpg
  • Malaga-Spain.jpg
  • New-Orleans-USA.jpg
  • Johannesburg-South-Africa.jpg
  • Hamburg-Germany.jpg
  • Nizwa-Oman.jpg
  • Belgrade-Serbia.jpg
  • Salta-Argentina.jpg
  • Yangon-Myanmar.jpg

The travel handbook company says that this year is "the ideal time to make a trip", with a nod to Birmingham New Street station reopening in 2015 after a much-needed renovation. It is also described as having cultural variety, excellent shopping and a buzzing live music scene and joins Johannesburg, New Orleans and Wellington as one of the "best places to travel in 2015".

READ MORE: GOOGLE'S 'HOW TO…' SEARCHES BY TOWN 

READ MORE: ROMANTIC FICTION: A REVIEW OF LIBRARIES

According to the guide, Birmingham has "long outgrown the squalor and misery of its boom years", and is now one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Britain.

But it does warn: "There's no pretending that Birmingham is packed with interesting sights - it isn't - but, along with its first-rate restaurant scene and nightlife, it's well worth at least a couple of days."

What's more, it is the only UK location on the list. Take that, London.

World's top ten cities:

• Birmingham, UK
  • Wellington, New Zealand
  • Malaga, Spain
  • New Orleans, USA
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Hamburg, Germany
  • Nizwa, Oman
  • Belgrade, Serbia
  • Salta, Argentina
  • Yangon, Myanmar

That's the most hipster list I've ever seen :lol:

• Like 1

Malaga is beautiful. I went there in the summer and it thoroughly surprised me. I took a long stroll through the sub tropical gardens, flashes of green above as parakeets flitted between palm trees, admired the copious bird of paradise plants in bloom and thought, isn't this nice.

Sounds like Hyde Park.

Except I bet you can't join a club in Malaga that allows you to swim through concentrated swan shit.

• Like 1

Spotted a mouse in my shed last night. Few years back at a different house I had them in the garage. For days after I emptied the 2 traps with a dead mouse in each, got to about 11 or 12 in the end.

Tonight, put traps in the shed, laced with melted chocolate which worked a treat last time... 3 of the 4 traps have been relieved of the chocolate and none of them have been triggered :lol: I think I've got some kind of super intelligent mice back there!! :wacko:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â