General Chat

AVFCLaura

I've learnt an important lesson about Poland. Just because you can afford to buy all of the drinks doesn't mean you should.

you could have got a round in as well instead of sponging off people :P

For all you guys who love drinking and getting drunk, apparently drinking one glass of water for every alcoholic drink will get you drunk but prevent a hangover. Not sure how true it is, but just letting you guys who drink know. [emoji4]

For all you guys who love drinking and getting drunk, apparently drinking one glass of water for every alcoholic drink will get you drunk but prevent a hangover. Not sure how true it is, but just letting you guys who drink know. [emoji4]

so does not stopping drinking  ..just saying

It's rubbish. Some people (Rob) can drink a lot without getting hangovers. Some people (me) can drink a relatively small amount and feel like death for days. Just the way it is.
  • Like 1

I don't get hang overs - I think I've only ever had 3 or 4 headaches in my entire life.

But if I drink too much I'll be sick or get a bad stomach. But no ratio of booze to water will influence hangovers.

My tolerance for booze is annoyingly getting worse, though I can put this down to drinking far less frequently in recent months, it is still irksome when after nothing more than a quarter bottle of Wild Turkey last evening, I was plagued by a headache that had me resigned to having caught ebola until at least 2.30 today. I'm fine now, obviously.

All depends on how you interpret the Quran. I've met Muslims who say that it only discourages intoxication, therefore social drinking in moderation is OK. Fundies will argue otherwise. But then fundies of any religion do like literal interpretation of their holy texts.

• Like 1

I thought alcohol isn't actually "haram" and the Quran does not use the word "prohibited " in regards to its use anywhere ?

But maybe the Muslims I've met who drink are just saying that :) ... It seems to be all down to interpretation at the end of the day

Where did Suzanne Verdi go to? Did Nick Owen sacrifice her and offer her blood to a Sumerian demon?

Quit amid allegations of bullying, got a payout from beeb too. Can be seen around horston grange in Nuneaton from time to time allegedly. Tidy.

I went on a Speed Awareness course on Wednesday. My other half did it a few months back and she told me how the bloke asked the group 'what’s the most likely thing to happen if you speed?’. People were saying you could get a fine, points, etc. He said, "No, the most likely thing to happen is you’ll get away with it. People speed all the time and it’s rare they get caught. This is why it’s important for people to understand the reasons why they shouldn't speed rather than just not getting caught."

So I'm at the back, not really getting involved in the discussion, the bloke asks the questions, "What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?". After asking a few other people he looks at me and says, ‘Come on, you've been quiet, what’s something that could happen?’

Me, trying to be clever..."You could get away with it".

There’s a few giggles in the room and the bloke says "That’s not exactly the right attitude".

I answered the question 'What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?’ with ’You could get away with it’.

What a nob.
  • Like 3

I have dropped the back seats out of the car, removed the spare wheel and generally stripped it down to max the volume.

Then, I've meticulously lined it with plastic sheet.

Now I'm off to the recycling centre to load up with free compost.

If I have any sort of accident or bump on the way back, it ain't gonna be pretty.

If I get stopped on the way to the farm, I'll have to just pretend I'm a serial killer between appointments.

Edited by chrisp65

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â