General Chat

AVFCLaura

Anyone have any experience in stock markets and purchasing shares in companies?

Yes. 

Buy low. Sell high.

Seriously, I don't have a great deal of experience but I do have about £25k in shares but all for one company. I pray they don't go bust!  :D  

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Why when in a rush do you always get stuck behind the idiots who can't use self service tills?took one person over 5 mins to put through 2 items.

They're a common source of rage. Especially the people who scan each item, pile it up, pay, and only then do they begin to put their items in to the bags, that are mere centimetres from the place they chose to put the items instead. They'd probably struggle to solve a jigsaw with 2 pieces.

Nothing better than slowly taking my time at self service check outs. I like to methodically scan every item and then carefully place them in the holding area. Only once I have paid do I attempt to bag them up. It can sometimes take me 5 mins to open the plastic bag - you know how they can be stuck together!. There is a knack to it I'm sure. Oh, how I chuckle at myself sometimes when it takes me ages.  :P

Why when in a rush do you always get stuck behind the idiots who can't use self service tills?took one person over 5 mins to put through 2 items.

They're a common source of rage. Especially the people who scan each item, pile it up, pay, and only then do they begin to put their items in to the bags, that are mere centimetres from the place they chose to put the items instead. They'd probably struggle to solve a jigsaw with 2 pieces.

Nothing better than slowly taking my time at self service check outs. I like to methodically scan every item and then carefully place them in the holding area. Only once I have paid do I attempt to bag them up. It can sometimes take me 5 mins to open the plastic bag - you know how they can be stuck together!. There is a knack to it I'm sure. Oh, how I chuckle at myself sometimes when it takes me ages. :P

In the tone of Liam Neeson.... I'll find you and when I do I'll kill you

• Like 1

I was in Lodz... Pronounced Woodzge apparently. Spent a few days there with a comely lass. It snowed so much. We stayed in a guesthouse for €6 per night. It was a bit out of the way and we got the old style tram into town every day. We spent no money. We ate onion soup in a very old Russian looking restaurant with porcelain everything, but with Romanian children begging at the tables. We just rolled about eating and sleeping and wandering for a few days in a strange snowy foreign land where it felt like we were the only tourists. It was quite good.

• Like 1

Traditional potato soup with sausage and 'raw and cooked potatoes with bacon and butter with fried cabbage'. Bit more than £4 (£5) but so cheap! You can get a shoulder of lamb for £7.

I was in Lodz... Pronounced Woodzge apparently. Spent a few days there with a comely lass. It snowed so much. We stayed in a guesthouse for €6 per night. It was a bit out of the way and we got the old style tram into town every day. We spent no money. We ate onion soup in a very old Russian looking restaurant with porcelain everything, but with Romanian children begging at the tables. We just rolled about eating and sleeping and wandering for a few days in a strange snowy foreign land where it felt like we were the only tourists. It was quite good.

You should expand that into a novel, or at least a short story.

Its traditional to drink it 24/7.

Once did a tour of Poland in communist times and our Polish TM whom I had to share a room with really couldn't function until he'd drunk half a bottle of vodka.

Early o'clock in Stalowa Wola

Me: "Wojchiek, get up its 4am and we have a train to catch"

Wojchiek "ughhh"

Drinks half bottle of vodka

Woijchiek:"Lets go, come on we're going to be late!"

You should expand that into a novel, or at least a short story.

"Before Sunrise" as presented by yillan.

Its all fun and games until you wake up with your organs harvested.

• Like 3

Its traditional to drink it 24/7.

Once did a tour of Poland in communist times and our Polish TM whom I had to share a room with really couldn't function until he'd drunk half a bottle of vodka.

Early o'clock in Stalowa Wola

Me: "Wojchiek, get up its 4am and we have a train to catch"

Wojchiek "ughhh"

Drinks half bottle of vodka

Woijchiek:"Lets go, come on we're going to be late!"

You were on a train with Szczesny?? [emoji14] [emoji14]

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â