General Chat

AVFCLaura

Cheap Chinese technology. It's absolutely bonkers.

Looked at mini stereo amps, bike lights, cameras and some mini RC stuff in the last few days.

The choice and prices are staggering.

Today one of my crew rolls in, our equipment used in Beijing for a week will have to be disassembled and cleaned.

It's caked in smog dust :mellow:

The gentrification of my neighborhood is in full effect right now. The house behind me was just razed, and they're currently building a 2 unit condo building. Now the house across the street form me has a crew climbing around it installing solar panels. And it just so happens I'm moving out in three weeks, cuz my landlord is selling the house. Probably to the guy that's been putting up all these condos. Time marches on.

Anyone know if having an overdraft goes against you in a mortgage application? Due to the nature of how I get paid for work I usually go into it by between 200/500 quid before I get paid and then I'm in credit

Anyone know if having an overdraft goes against you in a mortgage application? Due to the nature of how I get paid for work I usually go into it by between 200/500 quid before I get paid and then I'm in credit

I was once told that the main scoring agencies do their "scans" on the 7th of every month, so best to make sure you're well stacked on that date.

Can I ask... If you're looking to take out a mortgage I assume you have substantial savings. So why are you £200-500 overdrawn every month? Take £500 from your savings, whack it in your bank account and run that down every month instead. I don't know that an overdraft is bad for your credit score, I imagine it's fairly neutral, but why give money to the banks if you don't have to?

DDID makes a very good point.

Also, its not really due to the nature of the work if it happens every month, surely thats just bad money management as you have the same income every month and the same outgoings.

You need to get into credit for one month, then every month you will never use the overdraft again.

19 year old me was a humourless lefty that liked dead obscure indie 7 inches. 44 year old me is still a lefty, but a lot less humourless that likes country music. I think I would hate now me then, as much as I hate then me now.

• Like 2

I've started getting charged for my overdraft which I've been happily deep in since I moved into my house.

It annoys me an irrational amount that I'm going to have to dip into my savings to clear it!

The mortgage were applying for doesn't require a deposit as were buying off a family member for below the asking price by 30%, So were only borrowing 70% of the value of the house, its what the advisor called a gift mortgage, he has gone through my books and says we shouldn't have a problem being accepted but I'm a little dubious that when they I regularly dip into my o/d they will see it as living beyond my means when its really because when I buy materials for jobs, that's what puts me o/d, and sometimes it can take 60 days before I get that money back

I don't know for a fact, but I imagine it won't count against you. In a weird way, it might even be a positive. The same way as having loads of previous debt is a positive as long as you've always made repayments on it as you've proven you can manage debt.

I'm just speculating though.

It annoys me to no end that I get charged for going into an 'arranged' overdraft, if I went past the 'arranged' amount then by all means, charge me for it. When I win the lottery I'm gonna become batman and eradicate these bank owners in the dead of night.

Well according to some on money supermarket forum, being in your overdraft doesn't matter so long as you pay it off each month and your in credit afterwards which I am, the problem is if you are overdrawn by £900 and after your paid your still overdrawn, which I'm not, but some on there also Sa that being overdrawn by any amount could be perceived that you live outside your means

OK.

I am sat in a toilet in a shopping centre. The lights just went out and its not the automatic shit they have as there is somebody **** pacing up and down!

Help!

OK.

I am sat in a toilet in a shopping centre. The lights just went out and its not the automatic shit they have as there is somebody **** pacing up and down!

Help!

Raid Millies Cookies

Edited by Kingman

The gentrification of my neighborhood is in full effect right now. The house behind me was just razed, and they're currently building a 2 unit condo building. Now the house across the street form me has a crew climbing around it installing solar panels. And it just so happens I'm moving out in three weeks, cuz my landlord is selling the house. Probably to the guy that's been putting up all these condos. Time marches on.

Just like what's happening in the East End, in that London. Little by little the poor are being moved out, and council housing is being torn down / redeveloped into luxury apartments. The irony being that they still want to the poor to commute into the city, so as to work in the service industry.

There's a quite interesting case going on at the moment, where a group of local (to the East End) women are being forced to move to another part of the country, due to their housing being sold off to developers, and they've took it upon themselves to occupy local council housing, deemed uninhabitable by the council, when in actual fact there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Edited by dAVe80

The mortgage were applying for doesn't require a deposit as were buying off a family member for below the asking price by 30%, So were only borrowing 70% of the value of the house, its what the advisor called a gift mortgage, he has gone through my books and says we shouldn't have a problem being accepted but I'm a little dubious that when they I regularly dip into my o/d they will see it as living beyond my means when its really because when I buy materials for jobs, that's what puts me o/d, and sometimes it can take 60 days before I get that money back

In which case you should really have a separate business account!

• Like 1

It annoys me to no end that I get charged for going into an 'arranged' overdraft, if I went past the 'arranged' amount then by all means, charge me for it. When I win the lottery I'm gonna become batman and eradicate these bank owners in the dead of night.

Why should the bank pay for you not being able to budget? Serious question, because I've never really understood the hate. Bear in mind they're probably borrowing it from somewhere too (cue political debate) (sorrie donny)

If they agree to lend you money, for a fee, surely that's a win win?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â